My CD burner won't work?

I have an EMachines and it came with the CD burner and DVD player in one. Well, it worked for the couple of months or so, then it quit. It started showing that it was going through all the processes of the burn, but after it shows the disk is finalized and it ejects I take the CD to play it and it's blank. I... show more I have an EMachines and it came with the CD burner and DVD player in one. Well, it worked for the couple of months or so, then it quit. It started showing that it was going through all the processes of the burn, but after it shows the disk is finalized and it ejects I take the CD to play it and it's blank. I put the disk right back my CDrom and it is blank. I bought a new CD burner and it is doing the same thing. Both will Rip CD's and play CD's and DVD's, they just won't burn anything. The won't burn files or music or pictures or anything at all. What's up with it??
Update: Okay, I have had my computer for 2 years now, so it's not that my computer is a piece of crap (my question was not about that anyway). I have tried slowing the speed and I bought a new CD burner and it doesn't work either. What else could it be????
Update 2: And I have tried different brands of CD's and different kinds of CD's