mike asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

is this a fair trade in fantasy baseball?

i give...miguel cabrera, derek jeter, eric byrnes, and jason isringhausen

for

i get....manny ramirez, chipper jones, torii hunter, and brandon webb

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its a fair trade, you're giving up more value than your getting, although if chipper stays healthy and manny heats up, its not much more, but i'm assuming you have some needs.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Cabrera and Jeter are playing very well right now. I've heard that Byrnes usually has a bad second half. Isringhausen is playing well. Webb is struggling a little bit, but I think he'll come around. Manny Ramirez is doing OK right now. It's pretty fair, but I would say he's getting the better deal, barely. I think that Jones and Hunter will cool down soon. Hope this helps!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wouldn't do this trade. Cabrera and Jeter are performing well. Eric Byrnes is doing good, but you should try to trade him because he usually has a bad second half.

Manny will heat up in the second half, but Chipper will cool down. Hunter and Webb are both solid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its not that bad Miguel Cabrera is better then Chipper Jones Manny and Jeter are having both bad years manny is heating up hunter and byrnes are both doing great and Webb and isringhausen are good

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I wouldn't do it. You would be giving up 2 upper-deck players (miggy and jeter) for one who hasn't performed this year anyway(manny). Chipper's age figures to catch up with him, hunter is good but definitely not in the upper echelon of ofs yet, and webb and izzy are both underperforming, at least compared to what they've shown they can do in other seasons.

Source(s): 5 years of fantasy baseball and 3 league winners
  • 3 years ago

If this wasn't a keeper league, i might probable say the commerce is easy adequate. yet, i might veto given the possibility that the two one among those adult men would be saved, and right here is why. As a 28 3 hundred and sixty 5 days previous outfielder, Bay would desire to have yet another 7-10 years of productiveness left. Of the precise o-ranked outfielders, 7 of the precise 25 and 19 of the precise 50 are over 32 years of age. meanwhile, as a 27 3 hundred and sixty 5 days previous pitcher Hill probable won't have lots left in 6 years. Of the precise 25 o-rank commencing pitchers in ordinary terms a million (John Smoltz) is older than 32, and of the precise 50 there are 11 (which comprise Roger Clemens and Pedro Martinez, the two one among whom have yet to play this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, not a difficulty discovered in the outfielders). it relatively is been mentioned that a baseball pitch is the main unnatural action in all of activities, and by making use of the toll it takes on those adult men i might would desire to agree. given which you already think of Bay is greater valuable than Hill (and you will desire to, 3 effective seasons for Bay as against Hill's handfull of effective outings), upload in the long-time era fee and the guy giving up Bay is definately getting owned...

• 1 decade ago

i don't like it. manny is underperforming, don't get caught up in the name. chipper is good, but not mig cab good and torii is starting his downslide. i liek webb but you're giving too much.

• 1 decade ago

YES! WEB IS AWSOME!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.