Does lack of sleep have anything to do with not losing weight?

I have given up sugar and have been exercising fairly regularly for the past 5 weeks and have lost 24 pounds(I still have 90 to go...ugh!). I have not lost an ounce this week and the only change I can think of is that I have only been getting 2 1/2 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Also, this is off the subject, but... show more I have given up sugar and have been exercising fairly regularly for the past 5 weeks and have lost 24 pounds(I still have 90 to go...ugh!). I have not lost an ounce this week and the only change I can think of is that I have only been getting 2 1/2 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Also, this is off the subject, but with cutting out sugar, is it still ok to eat fruit and things that have natural sugars? I know that sounds totally stupid...but I have been eating fruit to curb my cravings for sweets and am wondering if I am defeating the purpose of giving up sugar by doing so. Thanks!!