Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

¿People in Harris County Texas ?

I'm planning to move soon to Far West Area in Harris County,

and I'm concerning about the crime and the schools in this location..

Do you think this is a good place to move for a family?

I will be happy to recive all of your commentaries. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

The Katy area is nice. It has everything you want right there. A major mall. Shopping and restaurants. And the area is growing. It is now 7 exits off I-10. Low crime and the Katy ISD is getting recognition for the quality of the schools. And Grand Parkway 99 will get you from I-10 to US 59 quickly. Several more miles in, you can get to HWY 6 and several more miles to the BW8. In about 5 years, the Katy FWY is supposed to be done and 20 lanes.

Visit first. You'll see for yourself if you like the area. Check out the schools. Ask for a walk- through tour. Talk to people. You seem to be headed for suburbia, and life can be pretty blamd there unless you think shopping is entertainment and you have been called by the Soccer Gods...

There are way too many moms and dads who bury themselves so far out in suburbia that they forget how great it is to live in Houston where there is culture to introduce their children to. Softball and football are nice, but so are museums and we have a nice zoo and a fabulous theater district, an arboretum, bayous to canoe on, wildlife preserves to volunteer in, and so much more. If you tie your kids and yourself down in far west Haris County, they will miss out on so much of that because they will be too busy taking you to all their games, their tournaments, their fundraisers, their camps, and their mandatory meetings. Did I mention all their daily practices? Wouldn't you rather raise them in the Heights area, where your next door neighbor might be an artist? Think very carefully. Where is your job? If it is in far west Harris County, then maybe your should live there. If you work elsewhere, and you have to commute, thing about how important family time is to you. Do you really want to spend an hour or two every day, driving 20 mph on the freeway next to some chaw-spitting dump truck driver? Hmmm. The schools are bad, you say? Check out some of the many private schools. Tuition is high, you say? Think about all the money you will save on gas. There are a ton of newly refurbished Victorian homes and bungalows near downtown in the Heights and Montrose areas that are being refurbished for forward thinkers. Everybody else lives in cookie cutter houses in the suburbs and shops for fresh produce at WalMart.

North Brazoria County is the best, right around pearland. Huge shopping centers, low c rime, great schools, and right off 288, only a few minutes away from downtown Houston.

I have heard Katy ISD is a good district, beautiful homes, nice peace area, and Katy now is growing bigger than ever. I think you need to check out the areas where you wanto to move, make a trip during the day and night and check it out for your self. That might be the best way to do it.

• well if you planning to move to north west harris county around 249 or beltway 8 that area is ok but not really that good, but if you move tour the willowbrook area or katy its nice over there

West Houston is a big area. What specific neighborhoods/schools? There are good and bad neighborhoods in all areas of Houston.

I agree with Liberal..i live and work in Pearland and its a pretty nice area.

• Sharon

The court will send you the paperwork via process server or registered mail. If you refuse to accept the paperwork, you give up any rights you may have had and the court will proceed with the eviction.

believe the north side are better