how do you press flowers without them turning to mush?

id like to know i might need to press flowers some day lol

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You must sit on them gently, don't roll your cheeks around.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you want it to remain pretty, pick a flower with not a whole lot of petals, like a daisy or a pansy or cosmos. Flatten it out nicely, take a piece of waxed paper and fold it in half and put the flower inside it. Find your thickest, heaviest book and put it inside, way in the back and close the book. Lay the book flat and put another one on top is you think it's necessary. Just leave it there for a month or so. But better than that, you can go to Michael's or some other craft shop and buy flower drying kits. Much more effective and you can do just about any kind of flowers.

• 1 decade ago

put them in a book, like specail flower printing books, or whatev. and sit a heavier book on top. like dictionary, encyclopedia, etc. a heavy book. wait 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks to dry, and they smell really nice. Also, my mother does this, you can dry bundles of flowers, to. you drive a nail into the wall through the ribbon holding the flowers. if the ribbon was properly tied, they should stay. they will dry and give off a scent for weeks. you can keep them on the wall for years. keep out of reach of pets, or the pets might eat it. also, when you are puting flowers in books, make sure the petals are spread so they won't be on top of one another, wich is how they squish and turn into mush. i hope what i shared with you helps! ^.^

• 1 decade ago

Your flowers won't 'mush' .. they'll become 2 sided. Mush would be if you placed them face down.

(I had to respond to 'Mr Answerman's' answer ROTFLMAO...)

Seriously. it sounds like all the answers were pretty good. I especially liked the wax paper. Back in the old days (70s) i just put them in between a huge dictionary... and it worked.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

get you a piece of wax paper and fold in half. open up and place flowers on one half. fold closed. place in a heavy book or under something heavy until they pressed.

• 1 decade ago

place them between to pieces of wax paper and them place then in a book until they dry. Takes about a month.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Put them between two pieces of waxed paper and iron them flat.

• 1 decade ago

use paper towels or newspaper to absorb the moisture and don't forget to change the material also!

• 1 decade ago

use wax paper

Source(s): Ive done it
  • 1 decade ago

dont push so hard.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.