VB and Oracle?

How is Oracle and VB connected? Are VB commands used in Oracle? How important is it to know VB for an Oracle DBA?

If anyone has some useful websites, please let me know. I tried searching some search engines but did not come up with proper information.

Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Oracle and VB are mutually exclusive. As the previous poster stated, Oracle is a database application and VB is a programming language. However you can connect the two. You can use VB drivers to connect to Oracle so you can interface with the database via a VB application.

Basically what happens is VB commands are issued, VB passes the command along to the driver, the driver translates the command into Oracle and executes it and finally Oracle returns either data and/or the status of the command that was executed.

Also VB is probably not that important to know if you are an Oracle DBA. Oracle DBA's should be more focused on configuring, optimizing and maintaining Oracle database installations. If you were to be concerned with a particular programming language relative to Oracle, I would focus more on Java or a web language such as ASP.NET or PHP.

This might point you in the right direction...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176936

Good luck!! :-)

VB knowledge is not necessary to be Oracle DBA!!!!

Oracle is a database and VB is a language!!!!1

I think Oracle and VB are totally different platforms.