My laptop will turn on, but won't start up...?

I have a Toshiba Laptop. I'm not sure oof the actual model name, or brand, even after searching the entire thing. The best I can find is "Toshiba Satellite A 105-S4034" The OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, but I'm 99.9% sure this isn't an issue with the operating system. This... show more I have a Toshiba Laptop. I'm not sure oof the actual model name, or brand, even after searching the entire thing. The best I can find is "Toshiba Satellite A 105-S4034"
The OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, but I'm 99.9% sure this isn't an issue with the operating system.

This morning, I was on a non-malicious site, and the screen went all crazy/staticy and froze. I shut the laptop off immediately.

When I try to turn the laptop on, the power light goes on, and I can feel and hear the cooling fan running, but nothing else starts. The screen stays black, and I can't even hear the hard drive starting (though I actually can't remember if I could ever hear that, so that might not be an issue).

From the research I've done, the the best of my knowledge, I believe the video card is broken and needs to be replaced.

If anyone knows what's wrong, I'd appreciate the help. Also, if anyone knows the cost of getting it repaired, that'd help too...
Thanks a lot, guys!