What type of soccer cleats are best SG, FG, or HG?

Im a high school soccer player from Wisconsin, and im not sure what type of studs I should buy, SG, FG, or HG???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I honestly think that firm ground moulded studs are the best.. they are suitable for all kinds of surfaces and usually have a longer stud at the heels which are much better for traction

the best moulded stud boots out there are adidas f10, f30 or f50

or nike mercurial vapour FG

we don't like to use screw in aluminium studs as they are too dangerous for sliding tackles.. I have often seen guys get their shins ripped open from a sharp stud ( they wear down sharp when you walk on concrete)

so most people I know wear the moulded ones...

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What type of soccer cleats are best SG, FG, or HG?

Im a high school soccer player from Wisconsin, and im not sure what type of studs I should buy, SG, FG, or HG???

Source(s): type soccer cleats sg fg hg: https://shortly.im/deAx3
  • 3 years ago

Types Of Soccer Cleats

• 1 decade ago

I've played in FG's and HG's and couldn't really tell the difference. Most people with SG's also have another pair because you can only wear them on soft fields (rain). If you wear them on a hard pitch, they will break or chip and you will not be able to use them anymore.

There is more of a selection of FG's so I would recommend getting a pair of them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Well, if you can afford it, buy both. FG for the turfish stuff, and SG for your home field. NEVER use the SG's on the turf, you're asking to injure yourself. For the park, you could possibly use both, depending on the conditions. Since the mud could be soft or hardish, it wouldn't matter, but use your SG's carefully as you will ruin the studs if not used on soft enough surfaces. If you can't afford both, get the FG's because they're most universal. Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ok so..

SG stands for soft ground, like rainy times or very slippery soft and wet grounds! And the SG studs are metal, so u might injure someone..

FG stands for firm ground. And the most oftenly used stud..It is used on normal firm fields, artificial fields, and you can use it on soft grounds and hard grounds..So basically used for every grounds..USE THEM!

HG stands for hard ground..U will keep falling down on wet and soft grounds with them,, like during rainy days..and will usually fall down on firm grounds and normal grass grounds..You use HG studs for sandy and soily hard grounds..Coz that is where you have the most grip..

But i would use the FG studs coz you can use them on any type of grounds...GOOD LUCK AND SCORE TONS WITH YOUR NEW SHOES!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.