GeneL
GeneL asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Should I rent these movies tomorrow?

Sooo, I'll be heading to Hollywood Video to get some movies for the weekend.....

I'd like your opinion on whether to get any or all of these....

THANKS!

1) Hills Have Eyes 2

2) Premonition (Sandra Bullock)

3) The Astronaut Farmer (Billy Bob Thornton)

4) Dead Silence - the one about the Dummy.

And...I'm open for any suggestions for what you think are "can't miss" movies that I should consider getting (renting)...

I like genre Horror, Sci-Fi, Psycho Thriller, and such.

(I refuse to rent any movies by the production company "Asylum"...really suk)

@ Sky...yep, I was on the fence with Farmer...probably will pass on it....a little too tame (as you can tell by the others)

Already saw Hitcher...it was ok but a carbon-copy of the original with Rutger Hauer (same script).

@ Lupin...yes, The Illusionist is one of my favorite movies...Paul Giamatti was great...and then there's Jessica Biel.

@ awsomered...yep, Identity was pretty good.

@ Joanna...uh, that's why I'm asking...to find out if any of these (RECENT releases) ARE "good" movies (or NOT).

I've seen the first Hostel...but that was last year...I am waiting for Hostel 2 though.

Favorite Answer

I just watched The Hills Have Eyes 2 a few hours ago and it was alright. Since you are into the same genre of movies I am, I would say go for it. Its not as good as the first one but there are some good parts :) I havent seen any of the others but Dead Silence looks so incredibley good. Oooh I get shivers just thinking about it.

Sorry but I agree with the people that are telling you to opt for GOOD movies. I've seen Astronaut Farmer just because I was stuck on a plane for 8 hours but it wasn't great. Too far-fetched and definitely cheesy, as also mentioned previously. The rest don't even look interesting. If you're looking in that genre, Hostel's probably the best way to go, or older movies are usually scarier. Hitchcock always delivers. Hope that helps...

Source(s): Film class and personal experience...

the hills have eyes to is good i just watched it. in premonition im just telling you, you will be so pissed at the end dead silence is kind of cheesy really cheesy there are some creepy parts but its not worth renting really the hitcher is a good movie i love the final destination movies and an american haunting is a pretty good movie

1) I didn't know there was a second and I LOVE horror movies... That one freaked me out. So YES

2) YES. I went to buy it tonight and couldn't (Let me know if it is good)

3) Yes, that looks good

4) LOVED this movie. I bought it. If you like all of the Saw movies you will like this. It is from the same people. What is funny is that some of the actors from the Saw movies are in it. lol It is a great movie, but not as good as Saw (in my opinion). But still great.

All of them are good except I didn't like the Astronaut Farmer. It was too feel good, family cheese for my taste. The Hitcher was pretty good, and I can't wait for the DVD of Hostel 2, it has one of the most killer endings!

The Illusionist

is the last good flick Ive seen this year thats actually availible for rent.

If you have never seen "Identity" with John Cusack and Amanda Peet, I highly suggest that movie. Makes you think the entire movie and just when you think you figured it out.... BAM!

Amazing movie, really.

I have never seen any of the movies on your list, but they all sound interesting.

• checo

all super.. contains extremely previous tho i wouldnt pick that. its greater creepy than frightening. haha umm identity pick candyman (grrrreeeaaaat movie) or the oman. :] nightmare on elm highway replaced into solid too

check for a Horror movie Called "Feast" Its a killer movie, and new for rental

Not if you like good movies