Can anyone give me information on civil service tests?

I am considering taking a civil service test, but nobody I know can give me much information on it.

I'm trying to figure out if there will be any fees or anything, and what sorts of careers I could look into, if I do well.

Favorite Answer

The study guide section in a book store or library.

You can get a job as a firefighter, police officer, mailman, etc. Any job that has to do with the local, county, state, or federal government.

I never paid a fee to take the test, they are usually part of the hiring process for whatever job you apply to. You can also find guides to civil service careers in the same section of the book store

The study guides can help. Good luck

Source(s): Former Deputy Sheriff

Go to Civil Service Commission and give 4 passport-sized pictures and your recent ID and a photocopy of it. Bring also money for the fee.

That's all. and oh BTW, ull be given a form to fill up ur personal information.

don't worry about it you can find out this by going to the library they have books that tells you every thing you need to get ready for the test. i hope you good luck with it.

• mary

GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY AND THEY HAVE BOOKS AND COPIES OF THE TESTS THAT YOU CAN STUDY ON CIVIL SERVICE TESTS...

THEY ARE FAIRLY EASY TO READ AND STUDY.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL IF YOU READ AND STUDY THE BOOKS

Source(s): READ THEM AND DID WELL