Stain removal question for white bathing suit?

I recently pre-handwashed a brand new white bathing suit. Afterwards, I hung it on a drying rack on top of one of the wood sides. Unfortunately after it dried there was a faint yellow stain from the wood. I tried to get it out with stain remover (which I let sit overnight) and then handwashed it with a mild soap and it's still there. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I've worked at a dry cleaner for 10 years.

The "stain" on your bathing suit is actually discoloration from the wood... probably varnish or something of the like.

Literally, your bathing suit was "dyed" with wood color.

I would've suggested not trying to take the stain out yourself, because soap and brushing sent the dye deeper in the fibers of the bathing suit. Plus, the stain remover always contains bleach, which weakens the fiber and sets the dyed color in even more.

Do not use bleach, it won't work. At best, it will make the stain a bit palor, but it definitly won't remove it.

Take it to your dry cleaner, they have specific products which might remove the stain, products that aren't sold to the general public because you need a formation to use them. It should cost around 5 - 7$

Don't put any more products and don't use water on it until you have it checked. Every action you take will diminish your chances of removing the stain, because every time you do something with it, you're more likely to push the stain deeper in the fibers of your bathing suit.

Best of luck!

Soak again in cold water , Rub natural soap onto the stain , leave the soap on & the swimsuit free from water ,1/2 hr should be enough. Rinse well, This should remove the stain. If there is any remaining stain. Hang outside in the sun . The sun will bleach the stain out the natural way, and should leave your swimsuit . the way you bought it. WHITE

No it wont stain your suit. Just rinse it out by hand when you get home, add a little salt (no bleach) to the water if your really worried, its a natural whitener that wont break the fibers of your swimsuit down.

Soak it overnight in Clorox2.

Try a clorox bleach pen or dishwasher gel.

USE BLEACH BUT DON'T LET IT SIT IN. JUST DILUTE WITH COLD WATER AND HAND WASH CONCENTRATING ON THE STAIN.