Brazil Plane Crash...?

The Brazil plane that crashed was an Airbus. The inital report on CNN said that it ran right off the runway without stopping and crashed into a building. they also stated it had been raining. Now I took an aircraft safety class during my undergrad degree and one entire day the professor spend speaking about the... show more The Brazil plane that crashed was an Airbus. The inital report on CNN said that it ran right off the runway without stopping and crashed into a building. they also stated it had been raining.

Now I took an aircraft safety class during my undergrad degree and one entire day the professor spend speaking about the problems with the Airbus system and listing crashes with the "why's" and "how's". A few were like this, where the plane came into land and never stopped. Reason? Airbus system gives the final say to to the computer and not the pilots. When the planes land, because of the water on the runway, the computer doesnt register the correct amount of friction associated with a landing and never initiated the braking system.

Anyone think that's what happened here too????

They keep stating that it was b/c the runway was short... but how many other planes of that size land there daily and have no problem???

Anyone???
Update: Jim: YES! I'm more Astronautics option then Aeronautics option in engineering, so thanks for filling in the detailed info I didnt put up.