Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

MFI Toilet Advert?

The one with the slow falling toilet seat. My husband and i watched this the other night and i said how it got on my nerves when he left the seat up. He said it got on his nerves when i left the seat down LOL! who is right?

Favorite Answer

At last a question worthy of debate?

I have seen the ad' never really understood it so I don't really know what the object of the exercise is?

Having seen my kitten do a couple of flying leaps into the bowl I always lower the seat and covering lid after use, it's easier than fishing the cat out.

I haven't really noticed if the ad' also has a slow falling covering lid in with the rest?

If so would it close fast enough before my stupid cat jumps in??

Lots of technical unanswered questions involved here, needs a great deal more thought.

The toilet seat and lid should be always down before you flush as the art of flushing actually causes the germs to expell themselves into the air!!I bet you did'nt know that?I saw it on a health tv program once and have observed this rule ever since(it stops a lot of the smell whafting around too).

Think you are both right in your own ways. I'm heading to MFI now for a wee trendy bog seat!! If you cannot agree on such simple stuff, maybe you should re-think your marriage, or just have a bloody good laugh at how petty things are annoying you!!

It would be more gentlemanly for him to leave the seat down for his lady. Also I just think it looks really untidy to have the seat up. The seat down is more inviting, but maybe that's because I'm a woman. I agree that the fairest way is for everybody to put the whole lid down.

The seat should be down so the lid can be closed. That M.F.I advert really annoy's me,all you hear is shouting. If it is supposed to make you want to visit the store, it has the adverse

effect on me!

Yeh! considered the provides, stunning! plenty greater effective than those stupid motor vehicle advertisements or provides that flow away you thinking what the Fek became into that anybody approximately ? As for MFI ......i bought a chest of drawers for our toddlers mattress room approximately thirty years in the past, if reminiscence serves it fee around 25 quid ? it became into one in each of those self assembly issues you realize the form! 2 small drawers on the best 4 long drawers below great! nicely it outfitted mutually ok after slightly banging & tweeking and that i stood decrease back to admire my handywork. Get the toddlers outfits I shouted to the spouse I even have finished the unit! yippee! up she comes with the clothing, places them on the mattress and that i pull out the best great drawer in user-friendly terms to observe it drop on the subsequent one ,which then dropped on the subsequent and so on,and so on, upon examine i stumbled on the drawer rails have been a worry-free strategies to narrow for the drawers & they have been very almost miraculous on.. we desperate to load the drawers besides and be carefull while beginning & last the drawers, which could have been wonderful if the best drawer plastic rail hadn't broken because of the load of 0.5 a dozen infant cardigans! day after at present I had to purchase a small hand drill a small drill bit, a countersink drill bit, approx 40 chipboard screws. sufficient ramin (0.5 inch sq. hardwood) to make 12 new rails and a few timber glue !! and spend 0.5 an afternoon repairing a sparkling unit.....needless to say I even have by no skill bought furniture from MFI returned to right now time 30 years later! in reality if everyone asks approximately MFI then I supply them this straight forward quote which says all of it MANGY furniture integrated!!! it is MFI..........Yours Smiffy

God...it really drives me mad having the loo up....it makes me feel ill.

But another thing about those adverts...people arguing, teenagers knocking books out of a strangers hand, the stranger not complaining but just picking up the books....the idea that if you are not arguing then it can't be a normal family....

WHAT ON EARTH HAVE WE DEVELOPED INTO????

a nation full of rude, indeed physically aggressive teenagers, a break up in relationships, constant dispute.

well we all have a bit of that now and then...but if it is anything like my household...loving, laughter, happy to be together, constant communication and loads of conversation.

COME ON OUT THERE...YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THE ADVERTS...OR LIKE EASTENDERS!

Make a stand, and love your family, and make peace full times the majority not the impossible.

I would say the seat should be permanently left down. ( Except for cleaning that is ).

Perhaps your Hubby might be interested in installing one of these ( see link below ). Bring a whole new meaning to 'Bending one in from 20 yards' !!!!!!!!!!

http://208.116.9.205/10/graphics/pics/pictures_Red...

There would be no bickering then.

Best wishes.

Dave.

• HooBoo

Only fair way around it is for everyone to close the lid after use. It's there to be used so why not use it?

neither of you, such a big deal. it is so easy to lift it or put it down yourself, that seat is good tho i bet they get lots of sales.