Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How reliable is this weight loss calculator?

Obviously there are a lot of factors involved in effective weight loss but as a rough guide does this seem ok?

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Do you know a more reliable calculator?

-x-

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Rather acurate unless you have some disease like diabetes. Here's the basic formula (calories consumed - calories burned)divided by 3500 = lbs of fat lost or gained. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. The calculator takes it a step further and roughly estimates how many calories you'll burn factoring in you height, weight and age.

The calculator doesn't account for the weight gained from muscle as you increase activity level. Muscle weighs more than fat. However it appears to be a very good estimator.

Source(s): Trainer, Son is Trainer, Son-n-law is Trainer and Managing Partner at a Fitness Center.
  • 5 years ago

1. Check your calories. Skipping meals is not a good idea. 2. Burn your calories: Running is the best, If you cannot run avoid lifts and climb stairs, Walking and cycling hardly help unless you walk for 25km and cycle 80km every day, Do not Sit around or sleep for long hours. 3. Drink water shortly before meals. It serves two purpose: Mildly dilutes your potent gastric juices (It is likely to give you a mild case of indigestion and is not very effective), Gives you a feeling of fullness by filling your stomach thereby helping you to eat less. 4. Avoid oily/fatty foods. Foods full of protein carbohydrated. Avoid snacks. Have watermellon for breakfast. Take a chance and follow your nose.

• 5 years ago

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My name is Ehsan, I am a personal wellness Coach from Bangalore. I help people everyday to lose weight or gain energy or just over all well being. By giving wellness evaluation by person or over the phone.The problem what I see in you is you are not getting proper nutrition. Because of this imbalance you have put on weight. Off course exercises is important for fitness,but nutrition is the key. If you are serious about losing weight and improving your health and well being please contact me at ehsan1@consultant.com or log on www.wellness.blogindia.com or +919880595504

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Not eating or skipping meals is not dieting If you do you may get more weight

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Keep cut-up fruits and veggies in the fridge to pick up for snacks or easy foods.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Keep cut-up vegetables and fruits in the fridge to pick up for snacks or easy dishes.

• 5 years ago

Try to know the calorie counts before ordering dishes on restaurant

• 5 years ago

savory umami ingredients such as mushrooms low sodium soy asparagus and olives can help you feel full and add an earthy home y quality to your healthy dishes

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Add fiber-rich green vegetables, avocado, and berries to your smoothie to satiate hunger all night.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.