My room smells. What have you used to get rid of smell, musty smells too?

My room smells musty and just nasty. Once you are in the room it smells fine, but right when you open the door it hits you pretty bad. I use several air fresheners and those don't work. I've used a whole bottle of fabric freshener febreeze and now a whole bottle of arm and hammer spray. What can I do? I... show more My room smells musty and just nasty. Once you are in the room it smells fine, but right when you open the door it hits you pretty bad. I use several air fresheners and those don't work. I've used a whole bottle of fabric freshener febreeze and now a whole bottle of arm and hammer spray. What can I do? I like my room to smell good even though I'm a guy. I mean I'm really clean, I have to be, I'm in the military. I haven't used carpet poweder yet cuz it didn't work last time I used it a few years ago. Does oust or anything work?
Update: It's 100 degrees outside and bugs will get in even with the screen.

I can't have candles, against the rules.
Update 2: Well thx guys I'll try some of this stuff. I have nothing laying around that smells. I put dirty clothes in the closet and wash them often. All my linens are cleaned often. Could be the drapes...ugly brown too. Also could be crap in the pipes of the sink now that I think about it....I really think it's the... show more Well thx guys I'll try some of this stuff. I have nothing laying around that smells. I put dirty clothes in the closet and wash them often. All my linens are cleaned often. Could be the drapes...ugly brown too. Also could be crap in the pipes of the sink now that I think about it....I really think it's the carpet though. I'll try most of these tips thx guys!
Update 3: Vinegar?! Seriously? I'll definitely try this as well!!!