Could it be that Christians use scripture to answer questions because?

what people tell you is not always what God says but, what God tells you is always truth? I believe that it is always better to go to the source.

Hateful Atheist, the Bible is God's written Word to us.

It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.

“Above all you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” 2 Peter 1:20-21. (New International Version)

Fireball 2226, a bible concordance is very helpful.

Favorite Answer

I believe that you are correct. I use Scripture references when answering questions because I want others to know that it is God's word and not just an opinion that belongs to me.

If i take advantage of scripture in an answer to a query that I additionally incorporate my perception into the scripture. i do no longer in straightforward terms submit scripture and pass approximately my corporation, I make certain the asker knows why I definitely have blanketed scripture. The Bible is my instruction manual in existence and it holds the answer to all my questions. consequently if somebody has a non secular question i'm going to seek advice from my answer to help them. That being pronounced i could by no skill use scripture or my ideals to decide anybody.

• SusanB

I agree that God is infallible & that is why I always try to use scripture to answer questions in this section.

Matthew 24:35

1 Peter 4:11

Deuteronomy 4:2

Colossians 3:17

• Tim 47

Because Jesus did.

Yes it is better to go directly to the source. But we should remember both the Ethiopian eunach and the Beoreans when we are seeking the deeper things on God's word. You see, many of us have the starting point of seeking from an incorrect set of base beliefs of which we were indoctrinated with from childhood. To try and make sense of the scriptures when some of our beleifs have been colored by incorrect teachings, pretty much locks up the true meaning of the scriptures.

To unlock these things we must pray for guidance and understanding to God (not Jesus, because as Jesus led by example, he prayed only to God) and and we must act in humility and in harmony with our request. It is God's will that all sorts of people come to an accurate knowledge and "get saved" yet to do so we should investigate the many denominations of Christianity to find the one that teaches for the sole reason of making disciples, not money.

May God bless your search.

Yep sounds about right

John 14:6 Jesus says He is truth

John 1 says he is the word of God.

• RIFF

If someone asks me a question about debate or logical fallacies, I'm going to pull out my old college books. If someone asks me about car parts, I'm going to direct them to the nearest car parts shop. if someone asks me a question about God or the source of my faith, what should I pull out? My car manual?

Saying that a believer "can't" use the bible as evidence or source material is definitely the sign of a moron who deserves to be put in the stocks and flogged in the public square just like Quasimodo.

First of all the bible is written by many men not "god" so therefore it is already in someone elses words why not put it into your own words when answering a question? Things get lost in translation so from going through one person to another as you believe these men were told what to write then he didn't write it. *sigh* use your brain I don't care if you have faith or "god" thats great for you I guess but please just learn to use your brain and answer with your own words.

It's easier to refer to scripture, or just say "God did it," than it is to actually look something up, do the research, or think about a reason. Faith makes life simpler. I didn't say better, just simpler.

*Edit* Cee T: You folks go to churches every Sunday (and often Wednesday and Thursday, too) by the tens of thousands, and all read the same book and supposedly worship the same gods, and you say atheists are following the crowd?

Right.

You are right! Everything in GOd's Word is 100% true and is an infallible source.

How true and what a good question..

It's nice to know in your heart and soul the truth no matter what the world around you may say or think!