is it safe to run while pregnant?

Favorite Answer

If it was a part of your daily routine before DO NOT STOP. But your doctor can tell you what you may need to alter if anything from your activities...kr

Good Luck!

Yes, but it depends on how far and the climate in which you are running. I am pregnant and I am a runner as well, in the humid weather I have given up on the run and traded it for a brisk walk with a jug of water in hand. The most important thing is to not over do it and remember that you are pregnant so your limits may be less than before. Also, talk to you doctor since he/she knows the most about how your pregnancy is progressing.

You can Exercise While You Are Pregnant Especially If You Were Running Before... My Aerobics Teacher Did Step Aerobics Up Until Her Due Day She Just Didn't Do It Vigorously.. And She Had A Easy Pregnancy

According to the materials I've read about exercise and pregnancy, what's best for you is to do what you were doing before you got pregnant but in moderation. So if you were a runner before you got pregnant, then it should be ok to run now. But if you want to start running it's best to take up walking instead. Any exercise needs to be something that you do according to how your body responds to it. Don't overdo it! Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest, but pay attention to what your body and your baby tell you. =)

you may verify to ask your OB, yet as long as you do not have a extreme threat being pregnant, that's going to be nice to proceed your universal artwork out habitual till you initiate exhibiting. it is not many times counseled to maintain working as quickly as you initiate exhibiting because of the fact the greater weight of the infant relatively throws off your stability and you ought to fall and harm your self or the infant. in case you're apprehensive approximately harming the infant, proceed your 3 miles, yet walk them. that's nonetheless stable exercising and your probabilities of falling are much less. And you may consume greater. working relatively burns energy and a pregnant women individuals could consume 3 hundred energy greater in line with day than she oftentimes does - distinctly women individuals who're determining a lot! stable success protecting up with the working, if that's ok'd with the help of your primary practitioner. I infrequently had the flexibility to get away from mattress for the duration of my first trimester, not to show upward thrust up and exercising!!

my doctor said that any activities you did before pregnancy, basically you can do while pregnant, running is safe, just don't over stress yourself, and always ask your doctor he knows all about you and your pregnancy.

it's depends on your condition. Where you active before pregnancy. If your weren't then no. If you are at risk for anything then no. Ask your doctor. Other than that if before 5 months then maybe. Good luck!

I think it is as long as you are still small and not too far into your pregnancy. I can't imagine even wanting to run after you get to the final months! :)

yes it safe as long as it aint cosing pain are doint 25 mile runs aday lol

Yes, but do not overdo it and just to be on the safe side, ask your doctor.