Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the goverment doing to protect children from pedofile priest?

I'm a very Christian person, but I do not tolerate such disgusting behavior from Catholic priest. I have read that more people are coming out of the shadows and testifying against priest. However, it seems that the Catholic church are covering this pedofiles. What is the goverment doing to protect the children and adults from people like this. People like that are giving a really bad name to catholicism.

I know that catholic priest are not the only ones, but there has been more cases related to them. This people should be arrested and judged.

Favorite Answer

Why does the Government have to do anything. Can't you determine for yourself that the Catholic church is an endangerment to children.

Well, I understand that in the USA that is not the government's business. The government cannot meddle in those things.

About that, I have been thinking about making a demand too to see if I get some of the money.

This situation has become a "come and get it".

Not ruling out that in some very sad cases it can be true, and those priests must be severely punished, the fact that the Catholic Church is the one with most money has triggered that snowball of demands.

I wonder how the guys that settle that, can make a decision. The so called sexual..... happened years ago, they say.

How can they decide that it really happened ?

Did the rapist leave his print in the boy's back outlet ?

I really wonder if the church had no money what would happen then.

In a certain way, what the "victims" are saying with this situation of getting the money ( at least some of them. I cannot generalize, of course ) is something like:

"Come and get me if you have millions to pay me" "My outlet is for sale"

The goverment is doing nothing that I am aware of; if I had to guess perhaps some federal prosecutors are taking bribes from church officials.

Very sad, when you do such henious damage to an innocent child, they are usually scarred for life, i think we are just seeing the beginning of this too, most catholics still appear to have a very hard heart and show no remorse or repentance for such shamlessness.

When Priests are found guilty they are put in jail like any other offender. But since child molesting according to profession cases are EXTREMELY higher against public school teachers, Doctors, Dentists and Scout Leaders, maybe the government needs to do more about these people.

It's a media scam; more than 98% of the "cases" are unsupported allegations proceeding more than thirty years after the fact with the burden of proof laying - in popular opinion - on the accused. The 2% involving convictions cover a span of forty years. You should know anti-Catholic bigotry and propaganda when you see it. Hitler used similar accusations to smear the Church.

• ArRo

The first line of defense is the parents...they are responsible for keeping their children safe. Lots of Catholics, like me, have had to learn these terrible facts about the people who teach Catholicism to us. At first, we were stunned and disbelieving. Now I, at least, am completely disenchanted with my lifelong religion. I am sickened and disheartened and seriously contemplating a total break from the Catholic church. If Cardinal Mahony has been covering up these awful crimes, he doesn't deserve my support...physically or monetarily.

Creo que está haciendo un examen psicol+ogico de todos los curas (que le saldría trillones), con lo que sólo - si el examen fuera efectivo - detectaría quiénes son pedófilos en un prorcentaje muy chico de la pobleción - sólo los curas - cuando es obvio que es una degeneración que se da aleatoriamente y por igual en todo el resto.

rrrrrriiiiiiigggghhhhtttt, you make it sound as if Catholic priests are the ONLY pedophiles on the planet!...bet there's just as many atheist, jewish, muslim, etc pedophiles out there as well...but NO, you've got to remain in the realm of complete bias...

Absolutely nothing.... you must realize alot of our senators and congressman are Katholiks so they , hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil about the pedofile priest in the katholik church.

Your child has more chance of being molested by a schoolteacher, a babysitter or a close relative or even a neighbour. Go to a court room someday and see for yourself.