Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is the USA becoming more anti abortion?

Back in the laid back 70's, people were cooler about abortion, like most things, it seems, than now

Favorite Answer

I honestly don't know, I think there has always been people that have had views on both sides of the fence. I personally think it's very wrong, but I'm not going to force my views on somebody else. I don't think whether on not the person being raped, victim of incest, whatever really matter on the subject, the real question is, "Is it wrong?" but everone will tell you,

Yes, it's wrong, blah, blah, blah, unless, blah blah happened.

but if it's a young single girl who that has no support or money (like we all have) makes a mistake, "she should have kept her legs shut, blah, blah, blah, give it up for adoption & don't be a tramp." That gets on my nerves, No, I don't think she should get an abortion, do I think it's anybody's right to be barking down her throat & not a rape victim just as much? absolutley not. I'm not going to jugde someone else, that's God's job, not mine & I'm not in that person's shoes nor would I want to be. I just wish people would quit acting like "their opinion" is the ultimate right thing to do.

Those without sin cast the first stone.

It would seem that way, but I am sick of the people saying it should be illegal because it SAVES LIVES. Think of the parents raising those children? No, it shouldnt be a form of birth control, THAT is wrong, but would a child be better off growing up in a broken home, suffering from poverty? Oh, but put it up for adoption... Do you see how low the percentages of adoption are? And problems many of these children encounter?

Making abortion illegal isn't sensible, women would get them anyway, and in unsafe environments. In all likelyhood it wouldn't save lives, because it would kill the mother and the child.

That and abortion isn'tbaby killing, no matter how you slice it. Legally it can be done in the first 3 months, where it is an EMBRYO...They cannot feel pain at this stage so an abortion is in no way painful, so they can't be aware of the situation. They are basically parasitic at this point, feeding off of the mother, they aren't living breathing individuals. Is it murder to use birth control because it kills a possible child? Most would say no.

Abortion needs to stay legal in that it is a matter of choice. No, I don't condone women getting abortions because they don't feel like using condoms. No I dont believe in killing babies. I believe in women having the right to decide.

To clear this up:

Abortion by definition is not murder, murder is the taking the life of another human being. An embryo is not a human being, but a potential human being, as it is part of the womans body

Think about what happened between the 70's and now in regards to the anti-abortion movement. We got pictures. After the public saw abortion they had a hard time justifying it or justifying their apathy towards it.

However, it's work somewhat in the other direction as well. Pro-aborts have had to confront the fact that they support murder, and thus are now largely in support of euthanasiua for both the old and newborns.

I hope so, in my opinion I think its wrong but yes I do believe that more and more people are becoming anti abortion. I think its because people have more understnading of how a baby developes and what the risks are when you do have an abortion.

I wasn't born until 1977 so I can't speak for how people felt about abortion in the 1970's. But abortion IS wrong, so I don't know why it's so strange that many Americans would be anti-abortion. I personally am not "cool" with murder.

Source(s): (I love how when I call abortion "murder" -- which it is -- I get thumbs down! I'll never understand how people can say abortion is not murder, when you're stopping a beating heart.)

we know more about abortion now, as we do with many other things *such as the dangers of smoking, etc*

plus, i think we're a more morally conscious people today than we were in the 70's.

i like to think we are more ed. than we were back then we now now that the babys feel pain during an abortion and there are more people willing to adopt now and we now know that a bad abortion can actually cause a woman to be unable to ever conceive agian I hope one day abortion will be completly extinct!!

i think the reason why people are becoming more anti-abortion is because people are more aware of how a baby developes. I am pro-choice.. however I do not think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. It should be saved for special circumstances such as rape, incest, or a valid medical reason.

No. It's just that Christian Conservatives tend to be more vocal now and politicians are pandering to them.

I think so because abortion is WRONG. Unless the person was raped.. I think that is the only them that abortion could be right..