I've got a gut feeling that Kyle Busch will soon announce a move to Gibbs Racing replacing... JJ Yeley.?

Anyone else with a guess?

Favorite Answer

he will go to dei maybe....but i like urs better.....jj in a nice guy...but not that good of a drive. if kyle goes to gibbs....will tony b happy? and if he replaces jj, jj will got to dei maybe....thats just a wild guess and honestly.....i hope kyle dont get a ride...him and kurt both can leave!

If the rumored merger of Ginn Racing and DEI goes through, I would expect Busch to end up somewhere else. Gibbs? I doubt it, he already has two drivers (Stewart and Hamlin) who speak before thinking, not sure he'd want a third. I heard a very interesting rumor that Penske is very interested in Busch as well

I think you could be right. Although, DEI is supposed to be announcing their replacement driver in the same time frame that Kyle Busch has said he will announce his new team (within a week to 5 weeks) Coincidence? Maybe not.

I think you are correct. I can't imagine JJ coming back after seeing his interview on the prerace show this week. JD Gibbs has also been alluding to the fact that JJ hasn't secured his spot on the team yet. I mean JJ pretty much said he is shopping for another team but then backed off and said he still would like to stay at Joe Gibbs Racing.

Source(s): Have a GREAT day : )

From what I hear JJ Yeley is going to drive the #21 Wood Brothers car next year.

• UGH. Hopefully Joe has better taste than that. JJ may not be stellar, and I do think that his position is in jeopardy. But there are other drivers that they could land (including ones from their own development team) without having to bring in Kyle.

I think Kyle's attitude (at least as reported by the media) at the moment would make him unappealing to JGR. They're already addressing "team player" attitudes, they don't need to add more.

You could be right. If JJ doesn't stop wrecking cars soon, he will be out of NASCAR's Nextel Cup permanently. DEI is very interested in Busch however, and it may be where he winds up.

That's what i have said since jr. moved and busch was looking for a new job. If J.J. yeley does'nt step it up busch will take his job.

How about DEI? Having Busch drive the Budweiser car would be so ironic...

Yes. I fell the same way. Busch in the 18 car. If you look back through my profile, you will see that I have thought that ever since the announcement to leave Hendrick.