char
char asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

how much do you spend on your electric using the key metre?

I will be moving into a 2bed flat with my partner at the end of this month and want to roughly know how much i will spend on electric using the key because i heard it can be quite expensive

Best Answer

It depends who your electric company is for starters as they have different tariffs. The biggest factor will be the appliances you are planning on using. Anything that creates heat will use loads of electric, IE, cooker, heater, tumble dryer. I used to have a key meter, found it fantastic. £5 would easily last a week. I'm on a coin meter now and my landlady has set it on double the normal tariff, i put at least £3 a day in, even more if i use my sunbed. At least with a key you know your not being ripped off, it will be from a reputable company. The only time the tariff will rise is if you go on to the £5 emergency.

Is it all electric or do you have gas central heating? My husband and I live in a 2 bed flat with Gas CH and we spend about £7 a week on our electric key meter. We moved here from a flat the same size with no gas, just electric storage heaters. We spent about £12 a week in the summer and about £20 a week in the winter.

• Rhonda

I have a card meter which works the same way as a key meter and I buy a £5 card every week, usually on the same day each week and there is usually the same amount left in the meter before I put the card in so I pretty much use £5 worth each week.

It depends, there are 2 adults and 2 kids in my house and we average about £6-7 per week. It's higher in winter, obviously, because of using tumble dryers and switching lights on earlier.

I have a two bedroom house, and there is two people living there and I use around £7-£8 a week, I don't think it is expensive, but I have a gas cooker

around £7 a week for a family of 4 and we have pcs tvs washer and dryer running alot

roughly my guess is about 10 to 15 pounds per week.you pay only for what you use no more than everyonelse.

lynn.

single man, i use around a fiver a week...

oh 2 bed terrace