Fantasy baseball trade q?

I was offered Kelly Johnson, Aaron Hill, and Adrián González for Kaz Matsui, Troy Tulowitzki, and Jason Bay. Any thoughts?

Stats: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP

Team:

Russel Martin C

Travis Hafner 1B

Kaz Matsui/Howie Kendrick 2B

Scott Rolen 3B

Troy Tulowitzki SS (while Tejada's hurt)

Torii Hunter OF

Brad Hawpe OF

Carl Crawford OF

Util:

Jason Bay

Dmitri Young

Richie Sexson

Kevin Youkilis

Thanks a lot for the help!

Favorite Answer

Do not do this trade. Jason Bay has a history of heating up in the second half, and he will again this year. Tulowitzki has been playing great and Matsui can get you some steals.

Aaron Hill and Kelly Johnson really haven't done much in June/July. They were very hot in April/May, and then cooled off. Adrian Gonzalez is the same way. He had a great April, but his numbers have gotten progressively worse each month. Plus, he plays on arguably the worst offense in MLB and a pitcher's park. Don't do the trade.

Johnson is evidently not playing every day, so he's not a good option, but Hill is an upgrade over Tulowitzki, and with the rest of your team, Bay isn't all that necessary. I think the way Hill has been of late, he's a little better choice at 2b, but until Tejada comes back you're left with a very weak platoon at 2b.

So the answer to your question is probably not, or offer a counter that takes Johnson out.

Gonzalez is in a slump, and I don't think Kelly Johnson can play well for the rest of the year. Matsui and Tulowitzki are pretty hot and I think Bay will come around in the second half. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

All I have to say is that I have Kelly Johnson on my team and he is doing wonders.(when he plays which is the only downpoint about getting him). Jason Bay started getting hot after the Braves, but to me you should give the trade a shot.

Yeah. DON'T DO IT! Jason Bay and Troy are definetly keepers. Don't go trading for average players. I never even heard of the guys they want to give you.

No 5 of those guys are players who have been hot this season and the other (Bay) is an all-star caliber player who will catch fire soon.

Keep Bay - he traditioinally heats it up the 2nd half...make the trade using Sexson instead.

bay will probably heat up this 2nd half so i'd hold onto him... adrian gonzalez is overrated and Aaron Hill and kelly Johnson have been slipping... I'd say no... hold onto your current team... its pretty solid the way it is

Your team is already pretty weak, and doing the trade would make it even weaker......don't do it.

i think you should trade, kaz isnt great and adrian is doing fine