Anonymous

Dual Citizenship???

I'm african american, but have always wanted to live in different parts of the world, especially being an artist . I think it would be nice to be a citizen of another country, but I don't want to relinquish my american citizenship. Are there any countries where it is easy to gain a citizenship? Especially those in europe.

• Chick
    Favorite Answer

I really don't think you can gain any dual citizenship through a naturalization process. Dual citizenship is not encouraged by many political policies & usually if a country permits dual citizenship it usually applies only in two cases: being born on territory of that land (jus soli) or having a parent whom is already a nationality of that country (jus sanguinis).

I really don't see the point in gaining citizenship in another country unless you plan on settling down there for the rest of your life. & if you do that, it's much easier to marry someone from that country so that you can still retain your American citizenship & have no problems acquiring land or such because your spouse is a citizen of that country.

But pretty much, if you try to become a citizen of another country you'll lose your American citizenship. You really need to look up each country's separate nationality laws to learn more about it.