Dessert for outdoor dinner/BBQ?

Any recipe ideas for an outdoor dinner/BBQ dessert? Maybe one that goes well with pulled BBQ pork...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The best dessert for a BBQ is peach cobbler!

QUICK AND EASY PEACH COBBLER

1 c. flour

1 c. sugar

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 stick butter

3/4 to 1 c. milk

1 lg. can sliced peaches

1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

3 tbsp. sugar (optional)

Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish in 375 degree oven while combining flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. (Method 1) : Pour the batter into the melted butter; dribble peach juice into the mixture and add peaches. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees. (Method 2) : Arrange peaches and juice in melted butter. Drizzle batter back and forth over fruit. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.

• 1 decade ago

A BBQ with pulled pork calls for a good southern bread pudding with a burbon sauce or simple rice pudding with raisins. I think I would go with the bread pudding. There are many good recipies out there. Good Luck!

• 1 decade ago

I like to make grilled fruit kebabs w/ a chipotle glaze. Super easy. Pineapple, mago and papaya chunks on a skewer. Put on the grill for a few minutes, monitoring closely. Spread the salsa as you watch. Serve warm. Yummy.

• 5 years ago

dessert would ruin what you just ate. I'd suggest more pulled pork and corn on the cob, maybe applesauce.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

fruit salad.

cheesecake. the smoothness is a great complements the bbq flavors in my opinion. and it can cleanse the palate if you make a citrus one.

brownies are always a favorite too. if you make them larger sized you can serve ice cream on them.

• Buzzy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A bowl of fresh berries with strawberry sorbet.

• 1 decade ago

Baked Apples, with lots of cinnamon

• Mustbe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Chilled Fruit Salad.........

All different kinds of fresh fruits in it...

If you would like sprinkle a little powered sugar over top.

• 1 decade ago

A cobbler for sure, like peach, that's always a hit.

Source(s): I love to cook
  • Val K
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

look into bellaonline, they have some great ones with banana and coconut in their Indian section

good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.