Dessert for outdoor dinner/BBQ?

Any recipe ideas for an outdoor dinner/BBQ dessert? Maybe one that goes well with pulled BBQ pork...

Favorite Answer

The best dessert for a BBQ is peach cobbler!

QUICK AND EASY PEACH COBBLER

1 c. flour

1 c. sugar

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 stick butter

3/4 to 1 c. milk

1 lg. can sliced peaches

1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

3 tbsp. sugar (optional)

Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish in 375 degree oven while combining flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. (Method 1) : Pour the batter into the melted butter; dribble peach juice into the mixture and add peaches. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees. (Method 2) : Arrange peaches and juice in melted butter. Drizzle batter back and forth over fruit. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.

A BBQ with pulled pork calls for a good southern bread pudding with a burbon sauce or simple rice pudding with raisins. I think I would go with the bread pudding. There are many good recipies out there. Good Luck!

I like to make grilled fruit kebabs w/ a chipotle glaze. Super easy. Pineapple, mago and papaya chunks on a skewer. Put on the grill for a few minutes, monitoring closely. Spread the salsa as you watch. Serve warm. Yummy.

dessert would ruin what you just ate. I'd suggest more pulled pork and corn on the cob, maybe applesauce.

fruit salad.

cheesecake. the smoothness is a great complements the bbq flavors in my opinion. and it can cleanse the palate if you make a citrus one.

brownies are always a favorite too. if you make them larger sized you can serve ice cream on them.

• Buzzy

A bowl of fresh berries with strawberry sorbet.

Baked Apples, with lots of cinnamon

• Mustbe

Chilled Fruit Salad.........

All different kinds of fresh fruits in it...

If you would like sprinkle a little powered sugar over top.

A cobbler for sure, like peach, that's always a hit.

Source(s): I love to cook
  • Val K

look into bellaonline, they have some great ones with banana and coconut in their Indian section

good luck