Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Where can I donate/sell old books and what can you suggest that I do with the rest of my stuff?

I'm leaving soon and I still have a lot of stuff to get rid of. Now I don't know whether to sell them or keep them 1st (am looking into a place where I can store them). Know of any good and cheap storage rooms for rent in Makati City?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Garage Sale

2. You didn't say where in Makati you are. But you can probably donate or participate in the "ukay ukay" sale that goes every Sunday in Sacred Heart church near the Makati Fire station.

3. Sell your books at Booksale. This is their contact details: booksale.com.ph , (632) 824-0947, 776 0230 (c/o Ms. Janny Dimatangal), info@booksale.com.ph

4. Donate your children-safe books to any public elementary school in your area.

I don't know of any storage rooms for rent in Makati, sorry.

• 1 decade ago

I would say get rid of it..... have a garage sale, post some things on craigslist............ more than likely, you're never going to break them out again........... use the money that you get from selling it to buy new things instead of paying for storage to keep the old things.

• 1 decade ago

Based from experience, what is stored will remain 90% unused. It is easier to get a new set of dishes, for example, than to rummage through a pile of boxes in a very warm storage room.

The local church usually gladly accepts donation such as clothes, utensils.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends what kind of books you got.

Donate it to public schools.

With regards to other stuff you got, bring it to DSWD and donate it.

If it is quite expensive and you want to covert it to cash, post a note outside of your house for garage sale.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Garage sale. You will find that when you have moved and furnished a new place, you might not want your old stuff. Of course except those that you actually collected.

• 1 decade ago

your books and also your other things you can donate that to a nearest public school in your place.

Children can use your books as reading materials.

• 1 decade ago

how about having a garage sale?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gave it to the needy ones

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.