Are multi-vitamins a scam?

I used to take one every morning and felt kind of better than usual but nothing drastic, if anything I'm sure it was placebo effect because for the past 2 months or so I stopped taking them and have felt no different at all. i didnt have any blood tests done while on them or off but as far as how I feel... show more I used to take one every morning and felt kind of better than usual but nothing drastic, if anything I'm sure it was placebo effect because for the past 2 months or so I stopped taking them and have felt no different at all.

i didnt have any blood tests done while on them or off but as far as how I feel theres no difference, once someone posed me the question of how we actually know they put what they say into the pills since we dont pay much attention to blood work and cant really feel the effects of the vitamins, so what are the facts, opinions, or stories from you?
Update: well if youre getting nutrition you should feel better should you? as opposed to my diet before that was pretty bad,

and what about when you eat cereals loaded with vitamins, if you eat a bowl of total extra vitamin cereal AND take a vitamin is that overkill? couldnt that be bad?