Anonymous

What is the difference between a Warm and a Cold lead? in terms of contact centres?

i am applying for a job that involves calling warm leads, i know what a cold lead is but just wondered if someone could explain the difference. thanks :)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A warm lead is when that person/business has inquired about information on a product or service and/or they have been contacted before and showed interest. That is much better than a cold lead which has never been contacted before.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The previous answer is correct. But there are many sources of warm leads, and some are "warmer" than others. That is, some will be more open to your contacting them than others. Common sources of warm leads include:

1. People who have requested information in response to an ad campaign

2. People who have opted in to receive a company newsletter

3. People who have attended a seminar hosted by the company

4. People who have been cold called before and were willing to receive information from the company (so now, the "warm" call may be to follow-up with this previous contacted person)

These are just a few examples. But I suggest you ask your potential employer about the sources of the warm leads so you can better estimate if these people are really "warm" or not. You may be comfortable calling barely warm folks, or you may prefer a job where you are only calling on truly warm leads.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • beavis
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Warm Leads

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the difference between a Warm and a Cold lead? in terms of contact centres?

i am applying for a job that involves calling warm leads, i know what a cold lead is but just wondered if someone could explain the difference. thanks :)

Source(s): difference warm cold lead terms contact centres: https://shortly.im/ZfO2e
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Cold Lead

• 1 decade ago

Generally a cold lead is someone whom you have never contacted or have any connection to. An example would be just randomly picking a name out of the white pages to call.

A warm call/lead is one in which you have been referred to or introduced to the contact. My personal example is contacting businesses in my chamber of commerce. I may have never met them face to face, but we share a common networking group.

• 1 decade ago

A cold call is to a business without any knowledge of who you need to speak with.

A cold lead is someone who is not surprised you have their name; however, they have little, if any, familiarity with your company. These would be referrals, raffles, door prizes and fish bowl business cards.

A warm lead has indicated some interest in your product(s) and would be unlikely to put off your call without rescheduling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.