Can i Iron on a design on a Polypropylene Tote Bag?

I have made some designs and i want to start making Polypropylene printed Tote Bag's, BUT Someone told me that its "Not recommended for Heat Transfers". If so, does anyone know what i can do to put my designs on the Totes?

Thanks a mil!

Favorite Answer

The heat of an iron will melt polypropylene. You can use a silk screen to print your designs onto polypropylene. You can do it yourself or hire a silk screen studio to do it for you. The studio will know the proper inks and techniques to make your bags look their best. Or you can use stencils and paint, available at most art and craft stores.

I know that there are patch designs and also print out paper specifically for applying onto fabric. It is like a sticker. You do not use heat at all to make sure the patch. Just peel and stick. I know you can find this at any Michaels or craft stores or a sewing shop like JoAnn's Fabrics.

there should be some kinda buissness to make designs like the iron ons into patches, so you could sew them on! but the sad part is, i can't remember the name. but yeah, there should be something on google search: custom patches or something close, and maybe you'll find something useful

hope i helped :]