How much longer do you think humans will survive?

Favorite Answer

I anticipate living another 10-15 years. My doctor thinks I should plan for 20-25.

If you're referring to the human species Homo sapiens sapiens, I rather suspect we'll be around for several hundred thousand years more, but won't really be exterminated, just gradually replaced by a successor Homo species.

Homo Sapiens has been around for only the past 10,000 years or so. In that time, we've gone from a population of 30, that's THIRTY breeding females to more than 6 billion people. How do I know this? I heard it on Discovery and it's probably as close to the truth as we're going to get. I've also learned that we'll reach the point of no return in as little as 10 years from this date. How long after that we become extinct is unknown, but it has to happen. We'll be one of the shortest-lived species on the planet.

the human race is becoming more and more sick. There are several diseases that have no cures, Autism, Cancer, HIV, etc. Everything that has ever ruled the earth has become extinct. We will probably see a few hundred thousand years and will pass our place at the top of the food chain to another species.

If we can cooperate and learn advanced space exploration techniques, colonize other planets, escape the eventual doom of our sun when it explodes, etc. we could survive for many billions of years, maybe longer.

well, according to my precise calculations, I would have to say.... 10...9...8...7...6...5...