Any non-soccer fans here intrigued by David Beckham's arrival in America?

And do you think you will actually start following soccer to some degree?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

nope, don't care and won't start watching

• 1 decade ago

I've been a soccer fan since Pele arrived in 1975, and I am NOT intrigued by David Beckham's arrival. The media make it sound like he is the world's greatest player. He is over the hill, and even at his peak he was only one of the world's ten best players. In recent years, he has not really dominated games like a big-money player should. I am afraid many Americans will go see him and find him unimpressive (except maybe on free kicks and corner kicks). He's still a great passer, but I doubt audiences will be impressed unless they really know soccer. This may turn off non-soccer-fans even more.

The only hope for anything positive to come out of Beckhamania was suggested by announcer Christopher Sullivan during a Fox Soccer Channel broadcast last night. He said Beckham will most likely make one of his teammates a big star. I hope so. American soccer needs a superstar who will capture the public's imagination.

• 1 decade ago

Only people who don't know anything about soccer are excited about Beckham's arrival, the rest that actually follow soccer know that he is a has been player and no longer one of the greatest players we have.

• 1 decade ago

i am a soccer fan but i am not interested in watching or folowing beckham

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sure ....ya but I AM A SOCCER FAN!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.