Nair vs Shaving?

I really want to use Nair on my legs, but which is better, Nair, or Razors? Also, how do you use Nair?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I prefer shaving because when I used Nair I broke out into a very hurtful rash on my legs. Plus you have to have your hair so long to use nair. You use nair by spreading it over your legs then waiting how ever long it says on the bottle. The you wipe it off and you're done.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, nair dissolves most of the hair from the root. shaving clips the hair off from the skin. Over all, nair gets off most of the hair. But, after I used nair, and I went swimming in chlorine, my legs would start burning. I think it is because my legs are super sensitive to a chemical in the product. I could probably start using it though, because nair has come a LONG way from what it used to be. I would try using nair, and if that does not work out, then switch to a razor. Using a razor will start to make your leg hair thicker, so try using nair, and the bottle tells you exactly how to use it. You basically rub it on, wait 3 minutes, gently take it off with a rubber tool or a washcloth, and rinse with warm water. Do NOT exceed 10 minutes, so I would not try keeping it on for 10 minutes, otherwise your legs will start burning. It works for some, not for others. good luck =].

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

use nair. thats what I use for my arms. heres how you apply it,

1) you wet wherever you want the hair to be gone

2) you take the nair and rub it onto wherever you want the hair to be gone

3) wait 10 min.

4) Then wipe the nair off with a towel

5) The hair should be gone!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i used nair and all it did was make my legs smell and burn .. when using a razor makes it actually smell good and your egs are nice and smooth with no razor bumps. If you really don't like shaving try getting your legs waxed every 4 weeks .. thats really the best way to go. I also so this commercial for carefree i thnk and it was pink and had a good smell and you didnt have to use a razor .. i wanted to try that hahah so if anyone know which commercial im talking about e-mail me!!!! if its carefree or not?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nair does not work! Trust me. It gave me a rash on my legs and it was red and swollen. Razors work alot better even though you have more of a risk to cut yourself, it works much, much better. And other products like carefree, nair, or other things that say they are hair removing are only rashing development products. Hope this helps! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am not a female but from a guys perspective, waxing does it for me. Nothing like touching a smooth leg from you females! Nair is not healthy for you and like a lot of mentioned its burns and sometime gives rashes. I work in the medical field and have seen some nasty rashes from Nair.

Cheers,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol well it all depends i really like nair/and or waxing becuase it keeps it off longer and me doing sports it really helps not having to shave as often.... and i dont risk getting razor burn./.

good luck!

best of luck. my wishes to ya.!!

Source(s):
  • john
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

nair

• 1 decade ago

Dun shave because the next time hair grows well its gonna get thicker and ugly ..... wax is 1st and best option.

• 1 decade ago

WAXING is the best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.