Well, nair dissolves most of the hair from the root. shaving clips the hair off from the skin. Over all, nair gets off most of the hair. But, after I used nair, and I went swimming in chlorine, my legs would start burning. I think it is because my legs are super sensitive to a chemical in the product. I could probably start using it though, because nair has come a LONG way from what it used to be. I would try using nair, and if that does not work out, then switch to a razor. Using a razor will start to make your leg hair thicker, so try using nair, and the bottle tells you exactly how to use it. You basically rub it on, wait 3 minutes, gently take it off with a rubber tool or a washcloth, and rinse with warm water. Do NOT exceed 10 minutes, so I would not try keeping it on for 10 minutes, otherwise your legs will start burning. It works for some, not for others. good luck =].