Does the Apple iPhone discover and display the contents of an EWS from a device ?

EWS = Embedded Web Server

Let me be more specific. I have an HP AiO printer on my network and can currently scan from the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the printer to my computer via the web broweser. I was wondering if the same functionality could be used on the iPhone too. i.e. load the EWS for my networked AiO printer from the iPhone, select to scan from the EWS and get the scanned image from the scanner onto the iPhone web browser. Has anyone tried this ?

Favorite Answer

iPhone discovers websites in safari, bluetooth peripherals that have compatible drivers, WIFI networks.

UPDATE:

SURE! Embedded Web Servers on your home network or if it's on the Internet!

As long as it's a web server!

I don't think I would try to configure my router that way... but I can!

Second Update:

I don't have that printer... but I can see any webserver on my localnet. If you can hit the EWS from safari.... you can hit it from an iPhone.