MattH asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Kerry Wood?

today kerry wood pitched and threw 14 pitches striking out teh side i cant wait until he is healthy again and able to pitch out of the cubs bullpen... do u think he will be productive in the bull pen when he comes back... i know kerry wood is very disapointing so im not willing to trust him but this is big news for a cubs fan and also they are only 3 and a half back from the brewers GO CUBS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

sean m are u a fcuking retard cuz kerry wood pitched a minor leauge rehab assignment u dumb****

• Favorite Answer

As the season starts to wind down I would love to have a healthy Kerry Wood coming out of the pen. Especially considering Dempster is injured and Howry and Eyre haven't exactly been lights out. Maybe closer by committee with him and Marmol who has been pretty much lights out since moving to the pen and allowed to close games. I'm I willing to trust a Kerry Wood rehab assignment... not exactly but is a start in the right direction. I would love to see a healthy Wood coming out of the pen because that is that is the shakiest part of the pitching staff right now. If healthy and that is a big if he could be a big lift to the pen as first place and the playoffs approach.

kerry wood didnt pitch today. heres proof:

whipping from every direction. Mostly, it was blowing out.

On what might have been a pitcher's nightmare at Wrigley Field, Lilly kept the ball in the park and held the Houston Astros down Saturday as the Chicago Cubs continued their surge with a 9-3 victory.

The Cubs' offense roughed up All-Star Roy Oswalt. Aramis Ramirez had four RBIs and Alfonso Soriano hit a three-run shot -- Chicago's first homer in 11 games.

"I respect that lineup, and for us to go out there and the guys to put those kind of at-bats against one of the top pitchers in the league, I certainly wanted to take advantage of an opportunity like that," Lilly said after winning his fourth straight start.

The left-hander, one of the Cubs' top offseason acquisitions, is 5-0 in his last six starts

As a Cubs fan, let me be the fist to say: *yawn.* Kerry Wood - at least the good, late 90's/early 2000's version - is a total pipe dream. Honestly, if Cubs fans have not learned that Wood and Prior are not to be relied upon, I really don't want to be associated with them.

Besides, they're playing so well without him, they don't really need him.

I think if he is to be productive, he will have to work out of the bullpen for a while. Maybe as a closer, taking only the ninth inning. But, all in all, I say Wood's carreer as a starter is over. His fastball can still reach the high 90's as we saw in spring training, but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a closer now.

Kerry Wood, there's a blast from the past, shouldn't be though. In my opinion, he needs to be moved to an organization that'll bring him back at a pace that's better than "one step forward, two steps back". The guy was a great talent before he went down and I think he can get back to that level if given the right amount of time and training to get back.

If he's healthy he can be good, but the thing is trying to keep him healthy. The Cubs screwed him royaly by moving him along too fast. They need to take it easy on his arm. Also...what happened to Mark Prior.

Will SEE HOW LONG HE STAY HEATH THIS TIME IN BULLPEN

GO CUBS

• joe

as soon as he comes back, he'll get hurt again. same with prior.