Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 1 decade ago

Ideas For 80's Themed Costume Party?

Alright, so I'm going to a costume party this year with an 80's theme....but, I wasn't alive in the 80's so I have no clue what to be. I'm not really keen on the whole big hair idea, but I do like dark costumes. Anyone have ideas for an 80's costume for a 14 year-old?

[P.S. I'm a girl.]

Favorite Answer

since ur a darker girl, and ur avatar seems like u might like more gothic-like things, why not try to find costumes or put pieces together to come up with things like this:

http://playmakebelieve.com/Costumes/images/small/0...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minds_eye_visions/284...

http://www.funwirks.com/madonna2.jpg

I know you're 14, so for the first costume (sorry the pic is so small by the way!) you can wear a regular tank top instead of a belly shirt so as not to be too revealing. I was born in 87' so i wasn't really old enough to experience the awesomeness that is THE 80's, but it's by far my favorite decade!!! Have Fun!!! : )

80 Theme Party Costume Ideas

What are you on about? All of you, I can tell none of you grew up in the 80s. The 80s we had... Back to the Furture, go as McFly or Doc. Karate Kid Anything for Star Wars Revenge of the Nerds Ghostbusters Indiana Jones Top Gun Die Hard ET (lol I don't know how you'd do it but maybe just put an ET head on your head?) Jaws The Revenge (go as a shark) Rocky from Rocky 3 Superman from superman 2 I dunno, I love 80s movies, I guess I'd either go as a Nerd from Revenge of the Nerds or Ghostbusters and get one of those supersoaker backpack and put paper round it, and then you'd have a water pistol to shoot people, or put alcohol in it for a laugh. Yeah I think Ghostbusters if you can do it. Or a Nerd, nerds are funny. Edit: I just assumed you meant it had to be a movie but if not how about cartoon characters, the 80s gave us the best cartoon character ever such as Thundercats but for a fancy dress how about Dangermouse or Bananaman. I'm sure you can find a picture online. Or we had the A-Team, go as Mr.T and walk round with a glass of milk, dunno if they captured this is the new film but Mr.T likes milk.

Well the whole" big hair thing" sorry but that's a really big 80's thing!! Well you could check out old video's or pictures of Madonna or Cindy Lauper. Have fun with it! Get that hair as poofy as you can! It will probably take allot of hairspray. I should know I'm a child of the 80's.

Watch the Michael Jackson Thriller video.

Rent Beetlejuice and check out Wynona Ryder's character (teen)...she dresses all black and is very 80's in this flick.

Or rent "Romy and ? High School Reunion" with that actress from Friends (she played Phoebe). This movie will give you excellent ideas of all that is 80's.

Source(s): I was a teenager during the 80's.....

Stevie Nicks. She wore long robes kinda like Liberace use to. Gene Simmons who played in the band Kiss was always a poplar one to.

Make you hair really poofy wear a band on your forehead, spandex and an oversized sweater and a big belt on top of it and Vuala!!!

Breakfast club!

Look up the sisters of mercy.