Why is it safe tow alk through a poor white neighborhood, but not a poor black neighborhood?

Today I had the great opprotunity to visit SE Washington DC, to be exact a friend of mine's car broke down off of South Capital Street and MLK Blvd...and called me scared out of his mind... When I got there there were 3 black guys harrassing him, asking him for money, you know the usual black intimidation... show more Today I had the great opprotunity to visit SE Washington DC, to be exact a friend of mine's car broke down off of South Capital Street and MLK Blvd...and called me scared out of his mind...

When I got there there were 3 black guys harrassing him, asking him for money, you know the usual black intimidation tactics...lucky for me I'm a 6'6 270lbs white skin head (not the racist kind, just the it looks cool kind) so when I got out of my Chevy 4X4 with a Rebel Flag waving they all scattered....

But I got to thinking...If my friend would have broken down in a poor white neighborhood scattered with trailers/chained up dogs and broken down trucks...he would have felt comfortable, If a black man would have broke down in a poor white neighborhood I'm sure he would have had no problem walking up to a trailer and asking for help, without encountering a single "thug"....

My question....why are poor black people more prone to violence/unlawful behavior? I'm not being serious...opinions?
Update: I grew up in a poor white neighborhood in rural alabama...I never heard a racist word spoke in my life until I moved to a northern city... I even remember Jehova's Witnesses coming through our trailer park (black Jehovas Witnesses) and not only did none of our white trash, rebel flag waving residents say... show more I grew up in a poor white neighborhood in rural alabama...I never heard a racist word spoke in my life until I moved to a northern city...

I even remember Jehova's Witnesses coming through our trailer park (black Jehovas Witnesses) and not only did none of our white trash, rebel flag waving residents say anything rude, I specifically remember all the adults inviting them to stay for a BBQ, and they did...they went and got their kids, we played with them, they adults ate barbeque and BS'd....noone cared what color they were...

In my opinion the only Racism that still exists is the hatred of white people by black people...THE END.
Update 2: I truely do not understand what black americans have to be upset about...in the great scheme of things, look at where your ancestors are...in the most disease/famine/poverty stricken area in the world.... I guess if Africa is the "cradle of life" (where all life began) and those guys still havnt gotten... show more I truely do not understand what black americans have to be upset about...in the great scheme of things, look at where your ancestors are...in the most disease/famine/poverty stricken area in the world....

I guess if Africa is the "cradle of life" (where all life began) and those guys still havnt gotten their act together...why should African Americans be any diffrent?