Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

What speech did Malcolm X say "You've been hoodwinked. You've been had. You've been took. You've been led astr

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bree
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It wasn't a famous "named" speech like "The Ballot or The Bullet." The quote from the speech you're asking about comes from an address he gave at a rally in Harlem.

It is also often misquoted. It's:

"Oh, and I say it again, you've been had. You've been took. You've been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Led astray. Run amok!"

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What speech did Malcolm X say "You've been hoodwinked. You've been had. You've been took. You've been led astr

Source(s): speech malcolm quot 39 ve hoodwinked 39 ve 39 ve 39 ve led astr: https://biturl.im/DMbDB
  • 3 years ago

Hoodwinked Quotes

• 4 years ago

It is not to get the black votes. It is to get votes. Maybe to even get heard. It has nothing to do with a race. Malcom X wasn't as racist as he was just mad. I mean all the white people from that time did treat us like dirt. Didn't they? Malcom probably believed in eye for an eye not turn the other cheeck like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Maybe he was just talking about George Bush though. Did you ever consider that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

It seems as if Malcolm has always been ahead of his time.

• 3 years ago

i think you meant "maybe he was just talking about Hilary Clinton"???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.