zvl asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know anything about that j.j. abrams 1-18-08 movie cloverfield?

i went to the website and theres only picuters about the move so im confused. but i guess thats what he wants lol

Favorite Answer

I've read the plot revolves around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people.

Most people who've seen the trailer assume it's Godzilla but I've found links which lead me to believe that the monster is a Cthulhu.

Cthulhu is a fictional monster created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft, and is one of Lovecraft's Great Old Ones.

It is often cited for the extreme descriptions given of its appearance, size, and the abject terror that it invokes.

Because of this reputation, Cthulhu is often referred to in sci-fi and fantasy circles as a tongue-in-cheek shorthand for extreme horror or evil.

Click here for a visual description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulu

no one knows anything. The only people that are are the people involved. At least that is the way it seems.