Do you think the additives in processed foods are causing health concerns?

Many people think that more people today are overweight because we are eating differently than two decades ago. Also, there has been some research that soy causes thyroid problems and soy is an ingredient in many processed foods. The increased weight from the processed foods are causing many to develop diabetes also.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I think they cause a lot of different problems because our food was never meant to be like this, it was meant to be natural, I just don't understand why people can't leave things alone....

Source(s): ...........

I don't know, but I am pretty sure it makes kids hyperactive. I just don't know what is so difficult about cooking simple foods, and I guess that's not saying so much either. There are so many antibiotics and hormones added to meat and chicken and that can't be good. Could be why we are encountering these antibiotic resistant infections. We certainly don't have to hunt and gather any more for our food--seems like there's a fast food place everywhere you look. I think it the easy availability of food and lack of movement--too much TV, computer, riding in the car. Oh, what a ramble.

• ?

Fast food is the killer. And all the other processed food has "hydrogenated oil." Look for that on the labels when you buy food. That oil is not even food. It's worse than lard. And that's why Americans have routine open-heart surgery every day by the thousands. In Japan there's no heart disease. They eat rice and veggies, and use extra virgin oil. And lots of fruit and more veggies. No twinkies and hohos. :)

yes, definitely. they throw in all kinds of vitamins that wouldn't be needed if they left the food in it's natural state. Vitamin A is a very toxic vitamin and it is put in just about everything from cereals to low fat dairy products. I think that is one thing that definitely leads to diabetes.

• Definite does, just use a search engine with the ingredients and that shoud be enough to convince the bigest skeptic.

Thats the only thing that has changed in the past 40 years. What do you think.

ooh my goodness ,does it ever!!!

I cant help but think ,what we eat.,has something to do with how quickly our kids are maturing......

I mean,seriously..look at a frozen chicken brest .....When have you ever seen a chicken with a brest that big???

And you wonder why our kids are maturing so fast..I cant help but think that the hormones that are in our food,have A HUGE effect on us as humans...

Yes it is. Most of what we eat here in the us is posion.

yes