How can Music affect a Relationship?

I'm one of those guys who is really into music, I always have music on hand, it is a major part of my life and I feel that it could affect a relationship in both possitive and negitive ways, for example, i could play my GF a romance song and it could really touch her, on the other hand she might get phyco about how much i listen to music ect... ive seen girls flip out over guys working on their cars too much and such so i think its possible, any ideas about this? do you think this could be a big factor or am i just being a little parinoid and fishing for flaws in myself?

Favorite Answer

I personally have always believed that music is very important in a relationship. I could never date a person who was not into music as much as I am. But more than that, I think its important that you and whoever you are in a relationship with like the SAME kind of music. I mean, disagreeing on one or two things is okay,....my parents have been married for almost 25 years and I dont think they ever would have made it past 1 year if they both didnt love Guns N Roses. lol It sounds absolutely ridiculous but I actually asked them this very question once and they agreed. They said it is very important. Of all things to have in common, having music is common, especially if it a passion of yours, is crucial.

My point is, a girl who thinks you are TOO into music clearly does not love music as much as you and probably isnt compatible enough with you to have a lasting relationship...or even a healthy one.

When thinking about a future relationship with a girl, you shouldnt think about what characteristics you have that will bother her....you should think about a girl who has a personality that complements yours very well...someone that you are very compatible with...someone who thinks like you. If you fish for your flaws, then when you do date a girl, you will not really be yourself and the connection wont really be all that genuine. Be yourself and be excited that someone will love that for just what it is! =)

Music does affect a relationship! My ex-boyfriend and I were both in the same choir. We both sang and he played the guitar. It was beautiful because he taught me to play the guitar and we would sing and play together BUT be careful that your girlfriend know that music is not more important than her. If she wants to talk, drop the music and take some time to listen to what she has to say. Music is awesome, I know, but make sure, when you get a girlfriend to find time to put away the music and focus only on your relationship and nothing else! Good luck!

Music is very important to me as well! I love it and it can be romantic. play a song for her, dedicate a song etc Only problem some girls may have is the time factor, music can take up a lot of your time especially if your in the music business good luck!

I think you´re making much to big a deal out of it, I think it´s really cool how much you love music. You should find yourself someone who loves music as much as you, dont you think? on the other hand, my awful ex boyfriend used to listen to Depeche Mode 24/7 which really became a sore spot for me, but I mean we heard the same CD over and over again. THAT can make a girl flip. Good luck finding your dream girl!!

• fairy

The Illuminati have been a secret society in 18th Century Bavaria... i assume listening to 18th Century Bavarian people music could get you some unusual looks, yet i'm helpful your invisible chum likes oompah bands.