Clear Blue Easy Digital Pregnancy Test Error Message?

I found out I was pregnant almost 2 weeks ago. I tested positive on 2 different brands of tests. Yesterday afternoon I decided to take another Clear Blue Easy test just to see how quickly the word "pregnant" would pop up. The little hour glass flashed for quite a while then it just went to a blank screen. According to the instructions it said to call some number if this was to happen. Has that happened to anyone else?

Also.. I'm a little over 5 weeks pregnant.. and I've noticed some brown spotting. That's normal at times right?

My LMP was June 7.. I tested postive on July 2. I have a 28 day cycle and I got my positive 4 days before my period was due. I took 3 First Responses and 1 digital Clear Blue Easy. All Positive... I was just curious about the error message... So what I had an extra test! And yes I would be about 5 weeks and 1 day to be exact. July 5 would be 4 weeks.. July 12 - 5 weeks. I already have a doctor's appt for July 25. I'm an educated woman... not a moron so I hate those answers that seem to insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about!!!

Favorite Answer

Yes this is normal at 5-6 weeks because the bb has just implanted into the side of your uterus. And that is why you have the slight spotting. You will be ok. Remember you can't have a false positive, Especially Twice!

A few women will experience what is called an 'implantation bleed'. This is where a light bleed occurs as the growing baby burrows into the lining of their mother's uterus (usually about 12 days after the egg has been fertilised, or 'conceived'). An implantation bleed will typically occur just before (or around the time) the next period would have been due. However, it is usually not as heavy, or as long as a normal period. Caregivers will usually try and find out if a woman's last 'period' WAS normal, to avoid calculating the baby's due date from an implantation bleed, which would miscalculate the baby's actual due date at about 3 to 4 weeks later.

It concerns me a little that you state that you had a positive test being only 3 weeks pregnant...that's way too soon to detect even the earlies pregnancy, unless you have a really short cycle. If you have not confirmed with your doctor, you should definately schedule an appointment asap.

Regarding the test, it's probably just faulty, or you did not test correctly. Call the company to get their feedback, or ask for a refund or replacement.

If 2 tests came out positive, I'm not sure why you would spend the time and money to get a third. Did you call the number? It could be that you bought a busted test. If you are worried about miscarriage, call your doctor, but I don't think you should worry. Brown spotting is normal. Red spotting = call a doctor ASAP.

Sometimes the test are defective. I'd call the company, they'll probably send you another one. 5 weeks is still kind of early. I'm not sure about the response of that test to very early levels of the pregnancy hormone. And I'd ask your doc about the blood. But as a general rule of thumb, brown blood is better than red blood

It is not really normal to have any bleeding during pregnancy, but it does happen. You must have not of done the test correctly, I would call the 800 number on the back of the box and talk to someone.

You should really make an appointment to see your Doctor.

Yea the spotting is usually normal but I would see your doctor if you have any real concerns. And make sure that you peed on the stick for long enough. that's happened to me a couple of times and it's because It's not wet enough or something. don't worry it's okay!!

The spotting wouldn't mess up your test, however you do need to let your ob know about the spotting.

Stop stressing out. Your totally fine!! Good luck with your pregnancy. Just enjoy it!