How can I make my ex-husband pay his child support?

I have processed the paperwork through the courts to make him pay child support but its been a year and not one dime. he didnt show up for the first court date that was issued and now their is a warrant for his arrest, they have his social and current address but nothing is happening. I just recently went back to the courts and enforced the matter and again nothing is happening. The Child Support system in DC sucks. I plan on enrolling my daughter in a private pre-school and I really need the money so that we will not have to struggle. What else can I do?

10 Answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.