lillian asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How to lose a few pounds?

I want to lose a few pounds but I don't want my legs to bulk up with muscle. I'm not fat but my legs are starting to get jiggly and it's really bothering me!!! I want to go biking, but I don't want my thighs to turn huge! How do I get rid of the fat but not gain too much muscle?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • tjnw79
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cardio workouts! Stay away from the weights. Bicycling is really good cardio work. Your legs will not be huge they will be toned. Just get on the bike every other day for 15 to 20 minutes that should do it for you with out building too much muscle.

• 1 decade ago

Not an answer, a question really, someone please explain in small words, how muscle weighs more than fat? It is like the old which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of iron, right?

I have heard that muscle is more dense than fat, meaning that fat takes up more room, therefore, replacing fat with muscle and even if you didn't lose weight, your clothes would be looser or at least fit better..........

• 1 decade ago

You could always go to the gym and work on the parts of the body that you want to tone up. Aerobic workouts burn the fat without building the muscle. Speak to the gym instructor about your concerns and he should give you advice. Go with a friend so that it isn't so boring. x

• Muscle weighs more then fat, so any muscle gain may make you gain weight.

Toning up will help the jiggly legs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stop eating junk food (pizza, Coke, McDonald's, etc.), eat healthier and more blanced (fruits, veggies, etc.) and do some physical activity like biking, running, etc. at least three times a week.

• 1 decade ago

cardio like biking and running will only really tone the muscle not make it bigger so dont worry about cardio

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try getting a few libs amputated. those unsightly limbs need to be shown there place!

• 1 decade ago

Run jog Run jog...Thats what I did!

• 1 decade ago

jog

• 1 decade ago

this one it has no side effects and its validated by doctors..

www.cesarioramos.freelife.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.