How to pick up a lost thread re: Ure in NY?

We have very little information on my dad's side of the family, and most of his ancestors are now deceased (he has only one relative still alive older than him). I was able, with what my dad and his brother could tell me, to trace their lineage back to a Henry and/or a Hosea Ure in the Carthage/Bear Town area... show more We have very little information on my dad's side of the family, and most of his ancestors are now deceased (he has only one relative still alive older than him). I was able, with what my dad and his brother could tell me, to trace their lineage back to a Henry and/or a Hosea Ure in the Carthage/Bear Town area of upstate NY (Lewis and Jefferson counties). According to the 1870 census, Henry was 44 at that time, a clergyman who had been born in the US. Henry was married to Ruth, and they had Hosea, who had Frank, who had Peter, who had my grandpa....but, Hosea and Henry may have been the same person, as Hosea was also a clergyman, who was 55 in the 1880 census, who was also married to a Ruth - in which case, Henry and Ruth did not have Hosea, they had Frank, and so on. I'm not sure how to resolve this discrepancy.

In any event, after Henry/Hosea, I have been unable to find any other records or info to trace the line back any further. What do I do next - can anybody help me?