What happened to music?

Look, I'm seventeen. I should not have to say this, but what happened to music? We had so many awesome people at one time like the Eagles, Beatles, Alice Cooper, Poison, The Who, Led Zepplin, Harry Chapin, and all that good stuff.

Now what do we have?

Anyways, what do you guys think?

I admit, I love Elliot Smith. I listen to him all the time.

Not a big fan of FOBs, but I "use" to like Green Day. But then they changed.

I stated Alice Cooper, because hes a personal favorite of mine. Probably my favorite for that time. I agree with you on Poison, I was just trying to make a point of bands that did not suck (or groups)

Best Answer

I agree with you. Music is gone down the drain these days. More likely gone to hell. I dont even listen to the radio anymore. The music that the radio stations plays today is crap. I agree with the third poster slendermillie, good music is still out there but you have to sift through all the junk to find it. Most music today has no heart,depth, substance or soul. Music today is about catchy hooks and a #1 hit on the radio thats it. Catchy hooks isnt nothing if the songs doesnt have lyrical depth, meaning, heart and substance to back it up. Those songs isnt memorable. Music of the past eras like the 70's for example had heart, depth, soul and substance. Music like that is hard to find these days. The music that the music industry churns out today most of it but not all is crap. For example like rap music, CRAP.

I'm not entirely sure Alice Cooper and Poison belong with the other names you mentioned, but you make a great point. And if your looking for some suggestions on bands to listen to, these are a few underrated bands that I love:

-Three Dog Night

-Chicago

-.38 Special

-The Guess Who

-Supertramp

-Jethro Tull

-The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

-Bad Company

Hope this helps, and as ACDC famously played "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

I also agree. I hated listening to the radio and only listened to CD's but now i got Sirius satellite radio and there are so many channels and there is always something good on. They have a new lithium channel and it kicks so much **** that i haven't really taken it off that channel since they started it. lots of alice in chains and even some primus where else can u hear primus on the radio?

Music, like movies, seems to have declined sharply in quality in recent years. I think these "artists", record companies and studios are much more interested in how much money they make rather than putting out good stuff. There was a time when people actually cared about quality. Now it's just a "product".

i've said it before and i'll say it again......bands need to take all the drugs they can!! rehab is for quitters!! the level of quality music coming from these bands goes straight to hell after a stay at betty ford. live fast die young and leave a pretty corpse is what i say. isn't that the rock-n-roll way? the sissy's these days make me sad. keith richards- rock icon! someone needs to get all these crap bands that are so popular now, a good drug dealer.

Good music is still out there, it's just that you have to sift through a lot more junk before you find it. My favorite recent musicians are dead: Jeff Buckley and Elliott Smith.

i totally agree with you. The music of today has no heart comparing to those of past years.

They are so meaningless and superficial. .

People of today are just not that genuine and sincere anymore and consequently the inventions are just a side effect of this.

Today we see we see many 'almost there' but 'not quite' in these songs.

Sad isn't it?

I agree. Today's music sucks.

• ash

well people change and everything changes and so does peoples taste in music... thats just me though lol

Sorry buddy, most of it went to Hell. But if you diss Green Day or FOB than SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!