opposite word of "attention"?

in the army we say " attention"

then the opposite word would be .......

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

at ease for the army ..but other meanings coule be neglect or relax .. so many .....kr

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Opposite Of Attention

• Icon
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

When the army says "attention" it isn't the word attention per se ... it is a state of having attentiveness. The opposite of being in an attentive state is to be "at ease" ... mattering on your usage at ease might not be what you what. In the case of the army the opposite of a general saying attenion would be them saying at ease. If you are looking for it in some other context check out: http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/attention

• 1 decade ago

"At Ease".

It could possibly be "Dismissed", which would be viewed as the absolute opposite of "Attention"; where you're required to remain there in place, focused & standing straight -and- "Dismissed", of course; meaning that you're free to go until called by "Order(s)" again.

Source(s): If I am remembering correctly as it has been some time since I served a tour of duty (3 years) in the US Army.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

'Stand at ease' is the opposite. It is used as opposite of attention in army. It's shocking that you have never heard of this before.

• Bhau
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Attention is specific like noun like head, nose, mind. No opposite for it. You could very in process of paying attention

• Haha ! thats clever. I always wondered how it is spelt when our PT master screamed "standateeesh"

It's "stand-at-ease".

• 1 decade ago

Redefining your use of "attention" as attend or obey; the antonym may be to disregard, refuse or disobey. You might say: "no, Sir!".

• Judy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avt0c

I think it is "undefined" or "meaningless" :)

• 1 decade ago

Stand at ease!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

at ease for military but with civilians I would say ignore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.