How insulted would you be to receive this as your 9 year work anniversary gift - a Word Document via e-mail!?

Simply says, We would like to thank you for 9 years of service at our company.

And has some people cc'ed on it.

That's it!

Note: Employee has done exceptional work for the company.

• hunter
    Best Answer

Wouldn't worry about it,some people after over 40 years of hard work (labor) only get a watch and the boot,with thanks,perhaps fussed over a little bit at a badly needed party

I would be extremely insulted. That is extremely tacky and I would rather there be no attention brought to the fact that I had been there 9 years than to receive something like that. It almost comes across as a slap in the face - "we recognize your hard work and dedication to the company and even so, this is all you are worth" is what it says to me. A card passed around the office and personally signed by each person would be much more welcomes and appreciated. And, well, if you bought me a cake to go with it, I'd be an employee for life. LOL!

what is special about a 9 year work anniversary?

not much, afaik.

What would you have made you happy?

A cheque for an extra month's income?

If you'd gotten one, you can be sure the company would then reduce your next pay increase by the amount of the cheque you'd already received.

There is no free lunch. The company will try to continue to hire your service for as little as it can get away with. You'd expect different?

There are very, very few non-unionized, non-government employees who are happy with the pay packets they get by staying with the same employer for decades.

If you're unhappy with yours [as your tone certainly suggests], it is time for you to discover what other employers would be willing to pay for your proven accomplishments and skills.

Of course, it would have been nice for your supervisor and his/her boss to give you a hand-written note of appreciation, and -- face it -- s/he seems to be lacking in social skills. Well, not everyone has them, you know. And some actively resist learning social skills.

Ah, well. Can't have everything. The question is, do you want to continue with this supervisor on not, knowing that he/she lacks graceful manners??

GL

• latia

For my 5 12 months, i grow to be meant to get a contemporary, in no way did. It grow to be ordered thrice, the supervisor in basic terms did no longer worry to coach it in. I did get a contemporary on the tenth and fifteenth anniversary, yet did you comprehend presents from the situation you paintings are dealt with as taxable earnings? I have been given a slip that suggested my present grow to be properly worth $35, and had to coach it into the IRS! on the the different anniversaries, I have been given no longer something, no longer even a congrats. I have been given the comparable payraise, or no longer, as everybody else. After a definite volume of years, we've been given a loose breakfast, and the time without work. in case you probably did no longer attend the breakfast, you had to paintings. This grow to be on the anniversaries divisible by 5.

Many companies do no more than acknowledge employees at all. Some companies start to gift employees after 10 years. I know it can be frustrating, but at least you were acknowledged, and hopefully you have recieved raises/promotion as recognition for your hard work and loyalty.

For 10 years service I got a $10 gift cert. $1 per year. Ooohhh.

I guess I don't expect presents from an employer and 9 years is not a "special" anniversary so it wouldn't bother me.

Hopefully for your 10th, your employer can say it to your face .

• jdkilp

Maybe they're holding the BIG stuff for your 10th year.

I didn't even get that from my company.... You got more than I did.

i would walk up to the highest authority there and say screw you all and oh yeah i quit and you can kiss where the sun dont shine.