Easiest/Cheapest way to get to Paris from Frankfurt?

Going to Europe with my girlfriend again this Winter. After our lttle bus tour thing is over, we wanted to take a trip to Paris for a few days. I looked a flights from Frankfurt, Germany to Paris, France and they were more expensive than I thought ($300-600, per person, economy, and not even direct flights).

I think a train might be cheaper. Can anyone recommend a particular line, or train, or something?

Best Answer

There's an ICE train from Frankfurt Hbf to Paris Est (east station) at 6:34 am - travel time is a little over 4 hours. The fare including the reservation is 99 euro per person, but if there are seats available at the special rate it can be as low as 29 euro (Paris-Spezial fare). You can check schedules, availability of the special fare and make reservations on the German train website: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

There are some later options at the same rates, but they require a train change en route.

I would guess that there aren't many seats available at 29 euro, but the regular fare it less than the flight.

Frankfurt is a vibrant and international financial and trade good town with the most imposing skyline in Germany and is one of many areas that you might want to see, a minumum of one time and this place hotelbye may help you. Frankfurt is a town in the center of Germany and Europe and is just a town that will offer many facets and different variety. In the heart of Frankfurt's Old Town you will discover a spot effectively valuable, the Römerberg.The Römerberg is an irregularly designed square with the Justice Fountain at their center. Not just can it be Frankfurt's most picturesque public square, it's the city's busiest pedestrian zone, house to varied tourist attractions from their several Kulturschirn (a type of open-fronted shop when common through the entire old town) to the Römer, a sophisticated of 11 attractive old structures from the 15th to 18th ages including the Old Town Hall with its Imperial Hall, after the scene of splendid banquets. Other significant structures include the New Town Hall, the 14th-century Gothic Church of St. Leonhard, and St. Nicholas Church, significant because of its carillon.

go by bike lol. only joking. i have only been to germany once, i am not too sure but i think the ICE trains might take you there, unless that only stays in germany, not too sure though lol. sorry, that wasn't much help, unless anyone else can tell you much about the ICE.

Source(s): me

http://www.bahn.de/p/view/international/englisch/i... Shortest possible is 4 hours, 6 minutes.