Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

stu w asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

can you kill yourself on salvia? whats the downside of salvia?

its legal, but is it bad? TELL TELL!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

From my my reading on the topic, on which there isn't actually a whole lot of information or research, Salvia Divinorum is completely non-toxic. No amount can damage your body, as far as current research shows.

Also, there have been tests on mice. Mice were given copious amounts of Salvia Divinorum / Salvinorin A-- in much greater proportion than a human would EVER ingest. The mice showed no organ damage, and were just fine later.

No Salvia overdose has EVER been recorded. Nobody has died from it, except from a suicide which may or may not have had anything to do with the Salvia. Blaming Salvia for a suicide is sorta like blaming Prozac for a suicide . . . I'm sure it contributes sometimes, but the overall day-to-day effect of Salvia Divinorum is anti-depressant. It's temporary effect mimics a depressant as far as motor skills are concerned, but it certainly can't be classified as such.

I want to add, however, that it's fairly easy to lose control of yourself on Salvia Divinorum. You lose conscious awareness of self, yet often have the ability to jump out a window, stab yourself, trip over things, attempt to merge with objects, stare at the sun, eat strange things, etc, etc, etc. Don't try it without supervision. Please.

• 1 decade ago

"No one has ever died from a Salvia overdose. Salvia is not habit-forming or addictive. People who choose to use Salvia, tend to do so quite infrequently."

-If your scared of killing yourself on salvia make sure your at home or away from roads/huge cliffs. Salvia trips can be VERY intense, so plan everything out before you smoke salvia.

-One downside of salvia is that the trip is very short (max of 10 minutes) Also many people have bad memories of smokin salvia.

-Not sure if its bad, but since people don't get addicted it can't be very bad? *check out the site on the source

-Make sure when you smoke salvia you use a torch lighter or something because it must be heated to a certain temp.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

properly, I advance Salvia, that's sage. there is a minimum of one species this is a efficient hallucinogen and it is criminal in many of the states and a lot of of the international, different than for Australia. in case you google salvia you will get links fo a lot of web sites advertising the psychedelic stuff. I do inspire you to be careful, this is no longer unavoidably a solid theory to clutter with that stuff.

• emehms
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no longer legal in MO at least but ne ways. i doubt you can kill yourself with salvia but i have no background info on that. when i smoked it i really didnt get much out of it. all i got was a massive headache that lasted for about an hour. as soon as you inhale you get a lightheaded feeling but it didnt really last very long.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.