Marc_R asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who else hates Tony "the a--hole" LaRussa?

Who else didn't like the fact that larussa didnt bring in albert Pujols and kept Aaron ROwand of all people to the plate, of all people.

Favorite Answer

Isn't "hate" a pretty strong word for a manager of a MLB all-star team that makes a decision different than you would have made?

• Matt G

I can't hate anyone I don't know, but I clearly thought it was a bad decision.

#1 Tigers Fan point doesn't ring true. If Leyland didn't favor any Tigers than why did Carlos Guillen play and Michael Young didn't?

I totally agree that Pujols needs to play - whether it was at that point of the game or earlier. Albert Pujols is not the guy you hold back for extra innings.

Since Cabrera got hurt, let David Wright play the whole game and stick to your announced plan that Freddie Sanchez would be the guy to be held back.

Why are you looking for another tie in the All-Star game because they have no one else to send to the plate? It is an exhibition...and not everyone gets to play. A few years ago Mussina was in his third all star game and leading the league in every category for pitching and was not put in for the third time. He made a stink but just being on the team does not mean that you have to play! This is not little league, it is for home feild adantage for your league in the World Series...if it did not matter like it shouldn't then he may have done something drastic to use up all the players. Instead he decided to save a good bat in case they needed it, a smart move by a Manager who has won more World Series games than you ever will...when you have a few rings on your fingers then start whining!

I think LaRussa made a great decision. You didn't see Leyland favor any of the Tigers that's why they were at the bottom of the order. For him to favor Pujols like that would've been unprofessional. Let Pujols cry about how LaRussa didn't start him or play him more.

I hate TLR 'cause I'm an Astros fan. Haha. I'm no NL manager, but I think Pujols could've won the game there. Even though I hate TLR because he's the Cards' manager, he's a drunk driver, and he always looks bitter and angry (Have you ever seen him smile? No you haven't), and even though I hate Pujols out of respect cause he's a really freakin' good player, I'm a National League baseball fan, and I really wanted them to win last night. He said he did it to keep Pujols in case of extra-innings. But I think it was a dumb move not using him there. At least he can't be described as an ASG manager who only wants to use his own players. I'll give him that.

That said, Pujols shouldn't have acted like a baby about it afterward.

He just needs to shut up and quit acting like a baby. Tony LaRusa is a god. He needed to pop Pujols's big head. If I were his manager I would sit him down a game and let him know there are 8 other peope on that field besides him and he and his cry baby attitude could be replaced. I could care less about how many home runs he can hit, with an attitude like that.

before today i add a lot of respect for Pujols, but now i realize he's just another overpaid crybaby.

what do you mean of all people aaron rowand? all players on that team are all-stars

amen i am a red sox fan but actually rooted for the national league at the end of the game and i wanted pujols in there becuase i wanted to see a comeback and when la russa didn't put pujols in i was reminded of why i hate tony

Yes it was an idiotic move but it's not uncharacteristic of him. He often over manages and this was no exception. While it was a mistake, I wouldnt call him an asshole or hate him, because it was only the All Star Game. I mean c'mon.

Then who plays center field and who plays 1st base if they tie it up. The whole defense would be messed up having guys play positions they never played.