Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutUnited StatesSan Francisco · 1 decade ago

What are some good resturanats to eat at in China town in San francisco?

Best Answer

There are 3 China Town In san Francisco. First China town is the main China Town on stockton street. People and place look original from China. It is a good experince on knowing culture in old China. I love the California retaurant on california street. It's from Hong Kong.Second China Town on clement & sixth street. It is a good place to buy food in supermarket. Most of the food are from Taiwan. Lots of Hong Kong immigrant here. In addition, there is a dessert store on geary street (arount 9th ) . The store is in green color and it open until 9pm. Third China Town is in pressido area. I'm not sure that area...but I know they are some great restaurant and nice dessert store open late.

City View Restaurant

Phone Local: (888) 234-7316

Address: 662 Commercial St.

City: San Francisco

State: CA

Zip: 94111

Voted SF's Top 3 Dim Sum Restaurants-

http://cityviewrestaurant.reachlocal.com/coupon/?s...

Pacific CatchSearch

Pacific catch

2027 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA 94123

Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Seafood, Eclectic, International, Californian, Pacific Rim

Price range*: $1-20

Special features: Outdoor seating

Neighborhood: Marina-Bay Area

Tel: (415) 440-1950

I hope it's still there, but I used to love eating at Woey Loy Goey's, on Jacson street, just below Grant. It was a basement restaurant. In fact, part of the dining area was beneath the sidewalk, on Grant. The ceiling had translucent panels and you could just make out people walking by.

Food was fresh, delicious and very reasonably price. Many of the locals ate there, with their families and I'd also see a few hungry students, saving money by eating rice, a pork bun and drinking lots of tea.

If it's gone, I recommend not eating at the elaborately decorated palaces on the main drag. Step around the corner and explore the lesser known establishments.

J's recommendation for R&G is a good one. Also try City View Restaurant 662 Commerical Street - Good dim sum, moderate price. Henry's Hunan on Sacramento at Kearney - Spicy and great, don't miss the Diana's Meat Pie

As "The Bay Area Critic" I'm aware of several good places. One that I'll recommend is:

Little Thai

2065 Polk Street

San Francisco (415) 771-5544.

You may read a review that one of my critic's wrote regarding his experience on bayareacritic.com

Golden River

better yet is Ton Kiang, but it is in the Richmond

R&G Lounge on kearny street. The best salt & pepper crab! YUM!

woey louy the beste

i can give you places you shouldnt go..but i dont think you want it